Surprising Thread Lock Leads to Realist Reminiscing

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lock Thread
In summary, the conversation discusses a thread in a forum being locked for being deemed pointless. The participants joke about other threads that could have been locked and mention the disappearing of some threads. They then talk about their experiences with nitrogen and silver chloride. Someone mentions seeing a professor swallow liquid nitrogen and another mentions forcing a professor to swallow silver chloride. They also talk about cool things they have done with these substances.
franznietzsche
Wait a minute...

A thread in GD locked for being pointless?

Uh oh...

No thread is safe! :eek: :eek:

Sorry. I just thought it was really funny. :rofl: :rofl:

That said, I don't think a meeting of local realists would fill a phone booth, given the strong blows to that particular interpretation of quantum mechanics in the past decade (forgettting the names of the authors on those papers...have to get back to you on that).

Physics news on Phys.org
franznietzsche said:
A thread in GD locked for being pointless?

Uh oh...

No thread is safe! :eek: :eek:

Sorry. I just thought it was really funny. :rofl: :rofl:

That said, I don't think a meeting of local realists would fill a phone booth, given the strong blows to that particular interpretation of quantum mechanics in the past decade (forgettting the names of the authors on those papers...have to get back to you on that).
:grumpy: :grumpy:

Evo said:
:grumpy: :grumpy:

its ok, i forgive you. I just wish you had picked one of yomamma's resurrections of thread killers (or all of them) for the dubious honor of being locked for pointlessness. :biggrin:

franznietzsche said:
its ok, i forgive you. I just wish you had picked one of yomamma's resurrections of thread killers (or all of them) for the dubious honor of being locked for pointlessness. :biggrin:
The worst threads just vanish without a trace.

Evo said:

oh, I see.

:uhh: :uhh:

Evo said:

Not this one! Muahahaha :devil:

Yeah, that thread seemed interesting.

moose said:
Not this one! Muahahaha :devil:
:rofl: :rofl:

Quick! We need direction! What is the coolest thing you've ever seen or did with N2(l)?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did! Now can I hit you with a purple fish?o:)

Mk said:
Quick! We need direction! What is the coolest thing you've ever seen or did with N2(l)?
I've seen a prof swallow a handful of it!

Gokul43201 said:
I've seen a prof swallow a handful of it!

:bugeye:

What's the meanest thing you've ever done with AgCl?

Mk said:
:rofl: :rofl:

submerged a lit lightbulb filament (with glass rmoved)

franznietzsche said:
:bugeye:

What's the meanest thing you've ever done with AgCl?
Forced a prof to swallow a handful of it.

Chi Meson said:
Forced a prof to swallow a handful of it.

I was thinking more along the lines of covertly staining your friends face with it, but ok.

1. How did the surprising thread lock lead to realist reminiscing?

The surprising thread lock in this experiment was a result of two different materials, thread and a lock, being used in a way that was unexpected. This unexpected outcome prompted scientists to reflect on the reality of the materials and their properties, leading to reminiscing about past experiments and theories.

2. What were the materials used in the experiment?

The materials used in the experiment were thread and a lock. These materials were chosen for their contrasting properties and their potential for unexpected results.

3. What were the main findings of the experiment?

The main finding of the experiment was the surprising thread lock, which was a result of the interaction between the thread and the lock. This finding also led to a deeper understanding of the properties and behavior of the materials used.

4. How can this experiment be applied to other scientific studies?

This experiment highlights the importance of unexpected results and their potential to spark new ideas and theories. It can be applied to other studies by encouraging scientists to embrace unexpected outcomes and use them as a starting point for further research and exploration.

5. What are the implications of this experiment for future research?

This experiment has implications for future research as it demonstrates the value of taking a different approach and considering unexpected outcomes. It also highlights the importance of reflecting on past experiments and theories in order to gain a deeper understanding of materials and their properties.