dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
I'd try a can.

Since the beer was recently introduced, why slap a date of 1901 in the middle? This is a huge marketing scam. Reminds of Alaskan Spring bottled water brand that got their water directly from tap water in Texas.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Individual cans for a buck. $2.99 for a six-pack. Would you buy it?
Probably not. That reminds me of low quality beer like Texas Pride and others. I wouldn't drink Coors, Budweiser or Miller, or any other commercial brand.

I prefer quality beer - mostly Belgian (Trappiste) Ales, Porters and Stouts.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I prefer quality beer - mostly Belgian (Trappiste) Ales, Porters and Stouts.
:approve:

FlexGunship
Gold Member
Individual cans for a buck. $2.99 for a six-pack. Would you buy it?
Cheaper than Pabst and Rolling Rock? Why wouldn't I? It can only be bad, and even bad beer is better than no beer at all!

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'd try a can.
Cheaper than Pabst and Rolling Rock? Why wouldn't I? It can only be bad, and even bad beer is better than no beer at all!
When this bad weather is out of here and I'm able to get to a Walgreens, I'm going to give it a try.

FlexGunship
Gold Member
When this bad weather is out of here and I'm able to get to a Walgreens, I'm going to give it a try.
If you decide to survive drinking it, report back to us!

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
It somehow reminds me of Schaefer Beer - "Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It somehow reminds me of Schaefer Beer - "Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."
Yea. A cheap drunk. :redface:

Evo
Mentor
Heck for $2.99 a 6 pack, I'm renting a van and backing it up to Walgreens. After the first few, it doesn't matter as much.

The beer is brewed by Genesee in Rochester, NY,

turbo
Gold Member
Unless Big Flats is somehow magically a LOT better than Genesee's other offerings, I don't think I'd waste any money on it. Their stuff is bland.

Evo
Mentor
Unless Big Flats is somehow magically a LOT better than Genesee's other offerings, I don't think I'd waste any money on it. Their stuff is bland.
Yeah, I don't have great memories of Genesee, now i have to try a can. Walgreens can sell liquor in MO, I believe, so that's about 3 miles away.

FlexGunship
Gold Member
Yes... bland. Unlike other beers at the same price point.

Wow... 3.00 for a 6 pack... now your entire extended family can get raging drunk for next to nothing!

How much for a new liver?

Evo
Mentor
How much for a new liver?
Well. Walgreen's can help with that also. :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor
Yes... bland. Unlike other beers at the same price point.
The same company involved with Walgreens handles Trader Joe's also.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Heck for $2.99 a 6 pack, I'm renting a van and backing it up to Walgreens. After the first few, it doesn't matter as much.

The beer is brewed by Genesee in Rochester, NY,
Yeah, I don't have great memories of Genesee, now i have to try a can. Walgreens can sell liquor in MO, I believe, so that's about 3 miles away.
Nooooooooooooo! Don't do it! :surprised

Guessing its an American Light Lager, mostly like virtually identical to Budweiser's or Coor's.
Despite that, I would try a can to see.

As others mentioned, I prefer quality beer, and I brew my own so don't often buy any, just the grains and hops to brew.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Guessing its an American Light Lager, mostly like virtually identical to Budweiser's or Coor's.
Despite that, I would try a can to see.
Another brave member. :smile:

Wait... why would you call your beer, "flats"? I mean, flat and "beer" aren't the two things I'd want together, just from a marketing standpoint.

@Insanity: To drink, or as engine degreaser?

Well. Walgreen's can help with that also. :tongue2:
...And people worry about one-stop shopping. It's a gift I tell you! Go in for some beer, get a little dialysis... some more beer. :wink:

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
You know, they could market a six pack - one decent beer to drink first, and then five of these.

You know, they could market a six pack - one decent beer to drink first, and then five of these.
So... kind of Russian Roulette with bad odds, and beer?

Evo
Mentor
you know, they could market a six pack - one decent beer to drink first, and then five of these.
lol.