Walking the wrong way through a wormhole?

• Thread starter hexhunter
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wormhole
In summary, if you walk through the back of the event horizon, you would appear on the other side, particle-by-partcile, back-to-font.
hexhunter
if you walk through the back of the event horizon, would you appear on the other side, particle-by-partcile, back-to-font?

Physics news on Phys.org
hexhunter said:
if you walk through the back of the event horizon, would you appear on the other side, particle-by-partcile, back-to-font?
Nope. It's pretty much impossible that you'd ever find, or be able to create, a wormhole big enough for a human to traverse.

If you mean that if you are in a BH and if you try to come out through the event horizon,its not possible.The event horizon of a BH keeps coming outwards at the velocity of light, so you have to fire your rockets in such a way that you reach the velocity of light..not possible.Once you are inside a BH, you are bound to hit singularity..no remorse.If you avoid singularity in someway , then do tell me.So once you are inside a BH, don't try anything funny, just sitback and relax, enjoy the ride.

sorry, event horizon is a bad word to use, I'm talking about wormholes, not black holes, i forgot all about the post about not being able to create a large enough WH...

i was getting this awnser for a stargate forum, but it turns out the stargate itself couldn't ever actually exist atall...

hexhunter said:

Most wormholes in physics do not have event horizons. (This is one of many places where the TV series Stargate diverges from actual physics.)

The standard physics book on wormholes is Visser's "Lorentzian wormholes" - unfortunately I don't have it. Someone who should know was telling me once that it was possible for a non-fictional wormhole to have an event horizon, but they didn't go into any details.

i didnt think EH's were a WH thing

i just remembered that the EH on the stargate is meant to be a visual representation of where to walk to get to the other side,. i would expect some sort of image of the other side

Last edited:
Do observers actually ever reach an "event horizon" relative to themselves?

Loren Booda said:
Do observers actually ever reach an "event horizon" relative to themselves?

An observer on Earth would never observe another person reaching the event horizon because of light taking enormous time to reach the observer and thus 'time-dilation' effect takes place.

Event Horizon

A worm hole exists between two points in space. Due to the fractal nature of the universe, there are places one may go where the laws just do not work, not because they are invalid, but because certain energies are in existence at that spot, frequencies match up, and other properties just seem to exert themselves. Somewhat like a Euphoria of forces, where they all just mash together and become existent only. I would call this a resonating point. Just as with electrical circuits, resistance will drop significantly at a point where frequency matches up just so. Once a person enters this domain ( if they could) a whole new world would exist.
Lets tell the story of two towns. The exist in reality a distance of 10 Km apart. The first town is inside a crater, with a mountain on all sides. The mountain drops off as you go away further from the town, and there is the second town. The mountain is some height, so walking to the other town is no simple A to B travel.
By taking the worm hole, it allows you to get to the second town by A to B travel. The reason is because the forces of nature have all mashed up and an energy field surrounds one entrance to the Worm Hole. The mashing up just happens to make it possible that enough energy is imparted upon the traveler to pass through the mountain. He does not need to walk any harder, it is just as if the rock does not oppose him. So the walk of 10 Km is reduced to but a few. The only energy needed is that to walk the few Km to the next town.

1. How do wormholes work?

Wormholes are hypothetical tunnels in space-time that connect two distant points in the universe. They are predicted by Einstein's theory of general relativity and are thought to be created by the extreme warping of space-time caused by massive objects like black holes.

2. Is it possible to walk through a wormhole?

Currently, there is no evidence that wormholes exist or that we could travel through them. They are only theoretical constructs at this point and would require advanced technology and understanding of physics to traverse.

3. What would happen if someone walked the wrong way through a wormhole?

Since wormholes are only theoretical, it is impossible to say for certain what would happen if someone walked the wrong way through one. However, based on current scientific understanding, it is likely that they would either be crushed by extreme gravitational forces or end up in a different location or time in the universe.

4. Can wormholes be used for time travel?

While some theories suggest that wormholes could potentially allow for time travel, it is highly speculative and has not been proven. It would require the wormhole to be stable and traversable, which is currently beyond our technological capabilities.

5. Are there any real-life examples of wormholes?

There are no confirmed observations of wormholes in the universe. However, some researchers believe that certain astronomical phenomena, such as the jets emitted by black holes, could potentially be evidence of a wormhole's existence. Further research and observation are needed to confirm this possibility.