Walking up stairs

• Thread starter mapper
  • Start date
I can walk up the 34 stairs to the top in 20 steps never jumping/missing a stair and not double stepping. How is that possible?

Answers and Replies

Stairs of an escalator.

correct, easy i know. I thought of that while i was on my way to work this morning on one. Think we can re-arrange the question so it may not be so obvious but still gives the reader all the logical info they need?

Alkatran
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You started on the 14th step ;)

Awsome alkatran! Could reword the question like so:

I can walk up the 34 stairs to the top in 20 steps when done counting. never jumping/missing a stair and not double stepping and not on an escalator. How is that possible?

or something like that. Maybe dont need to say when done counting? Never been good a thinking up new problems like that.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Bob is walking downtown, and finds himself standing at the bottom of 34 steps. He begins climbing the steps. At after twenty steps, he reaches the top. He has not skipped any steps.

Nah, too obvious.

Galileo
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You could also try walking the other way around: Walking 34 steps on a 20 step staircase. (going against the escalator). May be less obvious.

Galileo said:
You could also try walking the other way around: Walking 34 steps on a 20 step staircase. (going against the escalator). May be less obvious.
i would never reccomend that. actually the last part when you are close to the end the real tough part, and i once just managed to escape unhurt, otherwise i would have had it for good.

so, if you wanna have fun with an escalator just go in the same direction as the escalator.