Wallet vs Moneyclip: What's Your Opinion?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, a money clip makes people think of pimps and drug dealers, a European carryall is a ficticious product, and a wallet is good for notes and change.

Which one do you use?

• Total voters
mattmns
So what do you all think?

Physics news on Phys.org
Stuffing money in my bra works just fine. Nothing say's class than pulling a $20 from your bra and tipping the waiter at a fancy restaurant.

Money clips make me think of pimps\drug dealers. I just use a wallet.

Last edited:
Money clips are for small amounts of bills. I use both a money clip and a wallet, but not at the same time. I also use my moneyclip as a good backup wallet if your real one is anodized or short-circuits.

I want to be able to select more than one choice! It depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. If I'm going out someplace (like a party or someplace with dancing) where I don't want to keep track of a purse, I try to wear something with pockets that I can use. Most days, my wallet is in my purse, but when I run out to grab lunch, I just stick my wallet into my jacket pocket, which works until summer when I don't have a jacket, then either I stuff some cash into my pockets in my pants if they have a decent pocket (women's clothing rarely has useful pockets...if any) or have to take my purse...I've tried just taking the wallet, but if I don't have pockets or a purse, then I end up having to juggle the wallet with whatever else I'm carrying at the cafeteria.

Of course, I'm not sure what you'd call it way back when I had a "purse" that was basically a wallet with a strap. That was my favorite...too bad it wore out and I've never been able to find another like it. It was perfect...if I had pockets, I could just take the strap off it and stick it in my pocket, and if I didn't have pockets and didn't have a free hand to carry it, just use the strap.

I guess I should have added the option to choose more than one. I thought most people would just use one and stick with it

How about a European carryall?

dduardo said:
:biggrin: That is a purse you fancy boy!

Last edited:
I use a purse, no need for a wallet, the purse has different compartments that hold my cash and cards, checkbook, no need for anything but the one purse.

dduardo said:

Whats that? (Not that I should know :rolleyes: )

Anttech, it's a Seinfeld joke. A european carryall is simply a ficticious product made by the J Peterman company. It is supposed to be a purse for men.

That's a great episode of Seinfeld!

I use a wallet for notes and my pockets for change. So I can't vote

1. Which one is more convenient to use?

This is a subjective question as convenience depends on personal preference. Some people find wallets easier to use as they can hold more items such as credit cards, ID, and cash. Others prefer money clips as they are smaller and more compact, making them easier to carry around.

2. Is one option more secure than the other?

Again, this depends on individual usage. Wallets can be considered more secure as they typically have a zipper or button to keep items from falling out. Money clips, on the other hand, only hold a few items and can be easily lost or stolen if not kept in a secure place.

3. Which one is better for organization?

Wallets are typically better for organization as they have more compartments and slots to keep different items separate. Money clips are usually limited to holding a few items, making it difficult to keep things organized.

4. Do wallets or money clips last longer?

It depends on the material and quality of the product. Both wallets and money clips can be made from a variety of materials, some more durable than others. It's important to invest in a well-made product to ensure longevity.

5. Can I use both a wallet and a money clip?

Yes, you can use both a wallet and a money clip. Some people prefer to use a wallet for everyday use and a money clip for special occasions or when carrying a smaller amount of items. It ultimately depends on personal preference and needs.