Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wallet or Moneyclip?

1. Moneyclip

2. Wallet

3. Pockets

0 vote(s)
  4. Purse

5. Other

1. Mar 19, 2006 #1
    So what do you all think?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2006 #2
    Stuffing money in my bra works just fine. Nothing say's class than pulling a $20 from your bra and tipping the waiter at a fancy restaurant.

Money clips make me think of pimps\drug dealers. I just use a wallet.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  4. Mar 19, 2006 #3

Money clips are for small amounts of bills. I use both a money clip and a wallet, but not at the same time. I also use my moneyclip as a good backup wallet if your real one is anodized or short-circuits.
  5. Mar 19, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want to be able to select more than one choice! It depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. If I'm going out someplace (like a party or someplace with dancing) where I don't want to keep track of a purse, I try to wear something with pockets that I can use. Most days, my wallet is in my purse, but when I run out to grab lunch, I just stick my wallet into my jacket pocket, which works until summer when I don't have a jacket, then either I stuff some cash into my pockets in my pants if they have a decent pocket (women's clothing rarely has useful pockets...if any) or have to take my purse...I've tried just taking the wallet, but if I don't have pockets or a purse, then I end up having to juggle the wallet with whatever else I'm carrying at the cafeteria.

Of course, I'm not sure what you'd call it way back when I had a "purse" that was basically a wallet with a strap. That was my favorite...too bad it wore out and I've never been able to find another like it. It was perfect...if I had pockets, I could just take the strap off it and stick it in my pocket, and if I didn't have pockets and didn't have a free hand to carry it, just use the strap.
  6. Mar 19, 2006 #5
    I guess I should have added the option to choose more than one. I thought most people would just use one and stick with it :surprised
  7. Mar 19, 2006 #6

Staff Emeritus

How about a European carryall?
  8. Mar 19, 2006 #7
    :biggrin: That is a purse you fancy boy!
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  9. Mar 19, 2006 #8

Staff: Mentor

I use a purse, no need for a wallet, the purse has different compartments that hold my cash and cards, checkbook, no need for anything but the one purse.
  10. Mar 19, 2006 #9
    Whats that? (Not that I should know :rolleyes: )
  11. Mar 19, 2006 #10

Staff Emeritus

Anttech, it's a Seinfeld joke. A european carryall is simply a ficticious product made by the J Peterman company. It is supposed to be a purse for men.
  12. Mar 19, 2006 #11

Staff Emeritus

13. Mar 20, 2006 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

That's a great episode of Seinfeld!

I use a wallet for notes and my pockets for change. So I can't vote
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?