Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Walter Cronkite rips Bush's record

1. Nov 20, 2004 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/10219750.htm?1c

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2004 #2
    You're just trying to be as inflammatory as you can tonight aren't you? Well its working, you've really worked me up into an ire.

Honestly is there a point to this thread beyond the obvious attempt to create fighting, over one celebrity's opinion?

I very much think this qualifies as trolling.

4. Nov 21, 2004 #3

Janitor

Science Advisor

And a day or two before the election, I saw Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. predict that not only would Kerry win, but that it would be a landslide.

5. Nov 21, 2004 #4

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

It's refreshing to see established and informed journalists, such as Mr. Cronkite, give their perpective on these times. He has seen a lot of history of politics these past 50 years...

your reply doesn't address Mr. Cronkite's statement...if you don't like what has been said, perhaps you need to comment on the topic at hand rather then whine about how easily you get fired up...

6. Nov 21, 2004 #5
    Actually i was commenting on the trend of tsu's thread topicsall night. I don't consider cronkite's opinion relevant, simply because it is an opinion.

7. Nov 21, 2004 #6
    Well, then your opinion that Cronkite's opinion is irrelevant because its an opinion makes your opinion of that opinion irrelevant because its an opinion;
    so SHUT IT!

8. Nov 21, 2004 #7

PRECISELY!!!

At least one person gets it.

9. Nov 21, 2004 #8

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

wow, i think smurf was addressing his last comment to you about shutting it...so who really gets it?

politics have a lot to do with opinions really...

10. Dec 6, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like how a legend in the News business is suddenly an untrustworthy liberal. This is typical of the right-wing: Sie sind für uns oder gegen uns!!!

11. Dec 6, 2004 #10
    The magic of labels in the masses.

12. Dec 6, 2004 #11

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Isn't that a tautology?

13. Dec 6, 2004 #12
    I think that prerequisite for being a right-winger is having a paranoid conspiracy complex.

14. Dec 6, 2004 #13
    I think the prequisite for talking about the opposite wing of the spectrum you place yourself in is to use the 'conspiracy' prefix for something nasty.

15. Dec 6, 2004 #14

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I think that from the extreme left, the center looks like the right.

16. Dec 6, 2004 #15

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And you, by definition, are the center.~^

17. Dec 7, 2004 #16
    How big would your head have to be for you to be able to make it seem like the right thing to do to use great social skills to get your son to have a 60/40 chance of being president out of 300 million people? Or how big would your head have to be to accept your father's social skill to give you 60/40 odds of being president out of 300 million?
    I still think they are good presidents for the times I don't have anything personally against them, no one does bad willingly...maybe morals don't matter so much, maybe it's best just to have someone in office most like the common people, maybe people just vote for whoever is most like themselves to the point that even bad people can look like good people to a bad person, or they don't vote because it's such a rigged system these days that they could do more justice to helping the country by not wasting the paper. Cronkite kicks ass though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?