How Can I Access Walter Lewin's Course Materials from Past Years on MIT OCW?

In summary, the conversation discusses the removal of course materials of a professor due to inappropriate conduct. However, the lectures are still available on YouTube, but the pdfs are not. The conversation also mentions a way to access the pdfs through the Wayback machine.
Curieuse
Hey guys, following the brouhaha around mr.lewin's inappropriate conduct, mit ocw has removed all of lewin's course materials from its page. But the lectures are still available on YouTube, thankfully :bow:
But the pdfs aren't! Please let me know if any of you have them downloaded from back then. I'm still following his lectures and i need a couple of classroom slides and such! Thankyou!:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Woah! Thanks! Never knew this machine! :)

I could not find the pdfs, can you help me please?

TheOneABD said:
I could not find the pdfs, can you help me please?

Just click on a past year on the wayback page for the course you want and go to a year when the course materials were still available like 2012.. Click on that in the year listing on the top..( There are a lot of bars on 2012 btw.. Visited most then i guess.)
Then that year calendar opens up and you see a lot of blue bubbles on dates. Click one of those. Then a time list pops up.. Click any time.. And then the course page of the past opens up. Hope this helps.

Curieuse said:
Just click on a past year on the wayback page for the course you want and go to a year when the course materials were still available like 2012.. Click on that in the year listing on the top..( There are a lot of bars on 2012 btw.. Visited most then i guess.)
Then that year calendar opens up and you see a lot of blue bubbles on dates. Click one of those. Then a time list pops up.. Click any time.. And then the course page of the past opens up. Hope this helps.
Thanks

1. What is the Walter Lewin course materials?

The Walter Lewin course materials refer to a collection of lecture videos, assignments, and notes created by Professor Walter Lewin for his introductory physics courses at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

2. Are the Walter Lewin course materials accessible to everyone?

Yes, the Walter Lewin course materials are available for free to anyone with internet access. Professor Lewin has made them accessible through various platforms, including YouTube, MIT OpenCourseWare, and his personal website.

3. What topics are covered in the Walter Lewin course materials?

The Walter Lewin course materials cover a wide range of topics in introductory physics, including mechanics, electromagnetism, waves, and optics. Professor Lewin's courses also incorporate real-world applications and demonstrations to make the content more engaging.

4. Can the Walter Lewin course materials be used for self-study?

Yes, the Walter Lewin course materials can be used for self-study. Many students have successfully used these materials to supplement their learning or prepare for exams. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of physics concepts before using these materials for self-study.

5. Are the Walter Lewin course materials suitable for all levels of students?

The Walter Lewin course materials are primarily designed for introductory physics courses at the undergraduate level. However, they can also be beneficial for high school students or anyone interested in learning physics from a renowned and passionate educator.