Wanna get away?

• News
  • Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
Dembadon
Gold Member
I bet http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/10/congressman-resigns-after-topless-picture-published" [Broken] does! Shame on him for posing as a single person when, in fact, he's married. I hope his career is ruined.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

dr2011
In today's world this is no big deal. It happens a lot. Don't know why you even bothered posting this.

Dembadon
Gold Member
In today's world this is no big deal. It happens a lot. Don't know why you even bothered posting this.

Actually, posting this wasn't bothersome at all.

However appalling the story, the picture gave me a good chuckle. Perhaps it will do the same for others. :smile:

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor
Love it.
"I have to work this out with my wife," Lee told a Fox News reporter.
Ya think?

Are you implying that if an something occurs frequently it becomes, as you say, "no big deal" or do your morals perhaps mirror that republican's?

A significant turmoil recently agitated France over the vacation practices of senior ministers (including both PM and the minister of Foreign Affairs). They should rather be called sinisters. Not only the picture gave me a grin, but it is nice to read that other countries still have the political ethics to resign when appropriate.

Love it. Ya think?

He might as well just call her lawyer - less screaming.

Are you implying that if an something occurs frequently it becomes, as you say, "no big deal" or do your morals perhaps mirror that republican's?

Which morals would those be - didn't Boehner tell him this was unacceptable?

Which morals would those be - didn't Boehner tell him this was unacceptable?

You said "BOehNER"

You said "BOehNER"

That's original - my point is that nobody is trying to cover for him. He's lucky the focus was on Egypt and not him.

That's original - my point is that nobody is trying to cover for him. He's lucky the focus was on Egypt and not him.

What are you getting at? I was asking dr2011 a question about his lack of concern about Chris Lee's actions. I get the impression that he finds this behaviour acceptable, or doesn't care because "it happens a lot" as he says. AIDS, rape and murder happen a lot, yet I don't just brush it off and say it's "no big deal" because it happens all the time.

Jasongreat
Imo he was wrong in what he did, however the discussion reminded me of this cartoon:

Attachments

• shelton_c20070904.jpg
    shelton_c20070904.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 328
What are you getting at? I was asking dr2011 a question about his lack of concern about Chris Lee's actions. I get the impression that he finds this behaviour acceptable, or doesn't care because "it happens a lot" as he says. AIDS, rape and murder happen a lot, yet I don't just brush it off and say it's "no big deal" because it happens all the time.

Are you telling me you didn't intend to type Boehner's name that way?LOL:rofl:

Imo he was wrong in what he did, however the discussion reminded me of this cartoon:

:biggrin:

Are you telling me you didn't intend to type Boehner's name that way?LOL:rofl:

Yes, lol indeed...

dr2011

Ya, like I said earlier, things like this occur frequently and so it is not a big deal to me anymore because of the recurrence. Clear enough for you?

Dembadon
Gold Member

I'm not following. Are you referring to this thread, or another discussion you saw/heard on the news?

In any case, deceiving one's family isn't setting the bar very high, so I'm having a hard time seeing the correlation in your picture. Not to mention that the picture is potentially inflammatory, since it really has nothing to do with Mr. Lee's actions and makes a pretty broad generalization. I won't go on since I don't want this thread to become a partisan bickering session.

I'm not following. Are you referring to this thread, or another discussion you saw/heard on the news?

In any case, deceiving one's family isn't setting the bar very high, so I'm having a hard time seeing the correlation in your picture. Not to mention that the picture is potentially inflammatory, since it really has nothing to do with Mr. Lee's actions and makes a pretty broad generalization. I won't go on since I don't want this thread to become a partisan bickering session.

I think the cartoon works both ways. The Republicans have set the bar higher on personal responsibility issues - and when they fail it's a big deal.

Ya, like I said earlier, things like this occur frequently and so it is not a big deal to me anymore because of the recurrence. Clear enough for you?

Crystal. Although I cannot say I feel the same way. I have yet to reach a mental state such as yours, where moral injustices fail to move me.

Some people can't handle success. IMO - this was one of those cases.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Some people can't handle success. IMO - this was one of those cases.

The fact that he was advertising over the internet was the only thing even remotely dependent upon his success (at least he made enough to be able to afford a computer and internet access).

What he was doing pretty much spans all income levels. It's completely unrelated to his level of success (in fact, even more successful people than him - Bill Clinton, for example - have problems controlling their sexual behavior).

It's also an activity completely unrelated to political affiliation, and probably not nearly as strongly tied to church affiliation or attendance as many would wish to believe.

He's just one of those people and he got caught. No surprise and no sympathy, either.

The fact that he was advertising over the internet was the only thing even remotely dependent upon his success (at least he made enough to be able to afford a computer and internet access).

What he was doing pretty much spans all income levels. It's completely unrelated to his level of success (in fact, even more successful people than him - Bill Clinton, for example - have problems controlling their sexual behavior).

It's also an activity completely unrelated to political affiliation, and probably not nearly as strongly tied to church affiliation or attendance as many would wish to believe.

He's just one of those people and he got caught. No surprise and no sympathy, either.

I disagree. I think the power went to his head - thought he could do whatever he wanted - no consequences. He didn't use his real identit - but he inferred he was an important person and didn't hide his face.