1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Want to be a doctor

1. Apr 8, 2015 #1
    I'm currently sophomore in high school and I came in USA last year of course everything is challenging for me but I want to be a doctor it's my aim. I'm going to take honor algebra 2, h-physics, h-pre calc , h-English 11, US history 2 and Spanish 1, verbal sat in my junior year and I also got some honor roll in this year also I'm thinking to take h-calculus , h-human anatomy and phys and may be AP physiology in senior year but I don't think that I can take AP courses because it's gonna be so challenging for me may be its because my language is different but still I need some good advice that what should I do because I really want to be a doctor and I can do anything for it !!! Thanks for reading it ...:)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2015 #2
    What is your exact question? If you're a sophomore in high school you have plenty of time to figure out what you really want. What you should do is relax, keep your grades up and enjoy your time being a kid. Once you hit med school your social life is over :smile:

4. Mar 7, 2016 #3
    Well Mr Bernhardt,I think that's not how it's going to be.If you have the undying passion for saving lives and creating a difference in the healthcare system,It's going to be a challenge.And a challenge is an opportunity that carries within it a necessity for progress.You make progress,You do what you dreamt about every single minute during your high school days and you finally get your rewards for it.
    Doesn't it feel like hugging the social life is not an inch equivalent to the happiness you get from achieving your dreams?
    Because for some people med school is a dream.

5. Mar 7, 2016 #4
  6. Mar 7, 2016 #5
    Eh, who needs a social life anyway

I think you should do subjects that you need to do to become a doctor if you've got your heart set on becoming a doctor, and that's definitely what you want to do, and then pick the rest by what you want to do or would help.

Just don't put too much pressure on yourself. It's better to do fewer subjects and get good results than to do twenty and get poor marks.

I don't have much of a clue how US schooling works though, or how similar it is to the education system in the UK

Good luck with getting there, anyway!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted