Buy Amazon and Support PF Using This Link

In summary, you were not able to place an order because you did not have an Amazon account and the URL for Amazon.ca did not have the PF link.
benorin
Homework Helper
Insights Author
This thread I thought deserved a bump. Just read Greg's initial post. Here's the Amazon link, PF gets a kickback if you use this link from your purchase on Amazon, see Greg's linked post for details.

• Informative
Likes berkeman, Greg Bernhardt, DennisN and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
How about making it a sticky so we can always find it?

benorin said:
deserved a bump
Good, I rarely buy there and had forgotten.

On saturday I linked on "Easy ways to support PF", and tried to buy Calculus: a complete course, 9th edition. No way. Me and my brother got very nervous: we thought it was easy. Any clue? We turned into Spanish the web, but no way.
Love

mcastillo356 said:
tried to buy Calculus: a complete course, 9th edition. No way. Me and my brother got very nervous: we thought it was easy. Any clue?
What does that mean? You were not able to get to Amazon via the PF link? Or you got there and your purchase did not work?

• Love
Likes mcastillo356
I think the OP wanted to support PF by buying a Spanish edition of a Calculus book.

• Skeptical
Likes mcastillo356
Hi @berkeman, @jedishrfu. I got to Amazon via the PF link, I translated, and I had everything ready: the title, the edition required, the ISBN, wrote down from Pearson publishing house, a credit card...
Both my brother and I just didn't manage to find how or where order at the website the textbook "Calculus: a complete course, 9th edition, by Robert A. Adams and Christopher Essex". We didn't achieve. These were the steps:
1- Get into PF
2- Link https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/easy-ways-you-can-support-physics-forums.813856/
3- Access Amazon
4- Translate into Spanish
5- Here comes the problem: no way, nowhere, nohow, write down the order; just introduce the title.
I know it's my incompetence.
I've got the Spanish 6th edition; my intention might seem nonsense, but the reasons are the following:
I want to improve my participation in PF, learn English, American.
The textbook I own has disappointed me: I spent a lot of time when, in my personal opinion, led to confusion with Intermediate Value Theorem and Mean Value Theorem.
Thanks, love. Any question or suggestion, or reproach, welcomed

Do you have an Amazon account? I don't see you mentioning that you logged into your Amazon account after you got there and before you tried placing an order...

• Informative
Likes mcastillo356
When I use the PF link it takes me to the USA Amazon. If I follow their link to Amazon.ca (Canada) it no longer has PF in the URL. USA Amazon will sometimes ship to Canada, but it is more expensive.

I did find the 7th and 8th editions on USA Amazon.

Edit: They are up to 10th edition . I would look at one of the previews available on the web to see if it is much of an improvement.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Likes mcastillo356