Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Waqaa (hello in Yupik)

1. Feb 22, 2017 #1
    I am Maaruk, this is my Yupik name. My Christian name is Warren Jones. I live in Alaska, and as my bio indicates I am a Northern Philosopher. I studied Western Philosophy as part of my degree in Political Philosophy. My interests include: masculinity, governance, complex systems, time, and dark energy/matter. I don't like Everett's interpretation, but I do take Shrodinger's statements at face value WRT to the multiverse. I believe in God, but I don't believe science and God are incompatible. I'm not a biblical literalist, I think evolution is a real thing. I am probably a little crazy, and schizophrenia etc. run in my family so who the hell knows. I think I'm sane but I do have occasional bouts of mania which are generally exacerbated by the universe. I was told I was a genius in court ordered counseling when I was a teen, so I am at least not terminally stupid, which is of course different from being terminally ignorant.

I am a married man with three sons, I write for a living and consider my current profession to be a philosopher. I am keen on hunting, fishing, and being outdoors in general.

I signed up because I thought this would be an excellent place to get some questions answered that I am unable to find clear answers to on my own, and am excited to see what else this community has to offer.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2017 #2
    Welcome to PF!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted