Warantless Surveillance Program to Become Legal

1. I thought bush already said it was legel?

It looks bipartisan. So it might not be as bad.

2. jcsd
  3. loseyourname

loseyourname 3,632
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Link, scotty.

4. edward

edward 1,005
    Gold Member

Here is the link to th OP
    http://www.wired.com/news/wireservice/0,71238-0.html?tw=wn_politics_5

But there is more, and this time a Republican is complaining.

http://www.azstarnet.com/news/137078

I don't know how long the congress will allow this type of activity to go on. The spying on Americans just seems to drift deeper and deeper into a huge secretive black hole. According to the link there are even more methods of data collection being used that the Congressional intelligence committees have not been briefed on.

With so many agencies involved ie CIA, NSA, FBI, Military plus Bush's cabal of inexperienced political appointees and henchmen like Rove, the potential for abuse using these secretive methods is very problematic.

This information in the wrong hands could result in rigging of elections, rigging the stock market, Industrial spying, the possibilities to do wrong with this personal and financial information are almost unlimited.

Yea, I know that there are terrorists out there somewhere, but gathering information using the current tactics still isn't going to guarantee that they won't strike us. I hope to God that the Bush administration is not going to gather so much information that they trip over it.

Bear in mind we had all the basic information that we needed to stop 911, it just never was passed on to those who could act on it. Two FBI agents had vital information that was ignored. If the many agencies currently involved have a problem with the interagency rivalries and incompetence that led to the 911 information being sidetracked, this info jamboree is all a waste of time.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?