Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Warcraft III and Ground Control II

1. Jul 20, 2004 #1
    Who play these games?
    Good or not?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2004 #2
    Me,
    Good!

4. Jul 20, 2004 #3
    I can't speak for Ground Control II, but I played Warcraft III a lot, beta tested the expansion, and played the retail version of The Frozen Throne for a while.

It's definitely a good game. However, because the game is in a constant state of flux as new patches come out and various gameplay mechanics are continuously adjusted, you need to devote a lot of time to keep on top of the correct strategies and counter-strategies, and to stand a chance in online play.

5. Jul 21, 2004 #4
    Although I liked warcraft III, its nothing new. Its what is known as a "polished turd". There isn't one new thing in wcIII that isn't in some other game. As far as ground control II is concerned, I've played the original and enjoyed it very much although it did get a little tedious after a while.

6. Jul 21, 2004 #5
    Warcraft III.. havnt tried it yet. Seen it, but havent played it. I do however remember playing Warcraft II a loong time ago.

7. Jul 21, 2004 #6

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I played warcraft when it first came out but never appealed to me. I'm more of an Adventure gamer.

Arrr...Where's my Grog?

8. Jul 21, 2004 #7
    What is grog ?
    May i ask ?

9. Jul 21, 2004 #8

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Grog is the drink of choice for Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate, from the adventure game series Monkey Island. LucasArts was the developer of this game.

10. Jul 21, 2004 #9
    i play wc tft.....i was lvl 24 on patch 1.14, i now have an 80-3 record.....i'll be happy to game with any of you..

11. Jul 23, 2004 #10
    "80-3"
    you play that game way too much decibel :surprise:

12. Jul 24, 2004 #11
    this week i will get the Frozen Throne expansion :shy:

13. Jul 27, 2004 #12
    I played Warcraft III, definitely good for a day or two...
    by the way, what do you think of Command & Conquer Generals? i think its more flexble, isn't it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?