What is the Warn Feature on Online Forums and How Does it Work?

• Thread starter Echo 6 Sierra
  • Start date
In summary, the "Warn" feature on the forum is a reminder for users who have received warnings for violating PF rules and etiquette. Each warning carries a different point value, and if a user reaches 15 points, they will receive a 3-week ban. Referrals are people who register and state that they learned about the site from a particular user. This forum is known for its intelligent and educated members, and it is well-moderated.
Echo 6 Sierra
What is the Warn thing for? I just noticed it. Is it to see how many warnings I've gotten or what? It looks like a kind of staph bacteria or something.

DOH! Nevermind...Ijust clicked it and couldn't delete this post. OKAAAAY...is anyone else ready for Friday to be over?

San Demas Highschool football RULES!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It used to be up by the post number before, and perhaps one did not notice it. It's a reminder for those who get warned about violations of PF rules and etiquette, or otherwise misbehave. One only see's one's warning - no one else but Mentors and Admins see it. Every member has that feature.

Would someone be banned after 5 warnings?

I realize that PF is an international community, and that the upgrade was a big deal, but I don't think that it qualifies as either Politics or World Affairs, so I'm moving it here to Feedback.

Echo 6 Sierra said:
What is the Warn thing for? I just noticed it. Is it to see how many warnings I've gotten or what?

Yes. It is there to be a constant indicator of how bad you've been, and a perpetual reminder of your shame. :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Would someone be banned after 5 warnings?

You've got a real obsession with warnings, haven't you? :eek:

Different warnings carry different point values. Crackpottery and personal attacks are considered serious, spamming is considered moderate, and generally annoying behavior is considered not so serious. If you hit 15 points then you take a 3 week vacation (unpaid) from PF.

Each user is notified after each warning, and the ban does not come as a surprise. If you stick to the PF Guidelines, as well as to the Guidelines of each subsection (written in Stickies), then you needn't worry about it.

Tom Mattson said:
You've got a real obsession with warnings, haven't you? :eek:
Or perhaps with warners! :tongue2: :rofl:

Different warnings carry different point values. Crackpottery and personal attacks are considered serious, spamming is considered moderate, and generally annoying behavior is considered not so serious. If you hit 15 points then you take a 3 week vacation (unpaid) from PF.

Each user is notified after each warning, and the ban does not come as a surprise. If you stick to the PF Guidelines, as well as to the Guidelines of each subsection (written in Stickies), then you needn't worry about it.
Thanks to clarify!:smile: Now I'm not obsessed with warnings anymore, because I finally got what they are all about. (I've seen 1 of your warnings, because I asked someone to forward it to me. :rolleyes:)

How about referrals?

What do they mean?

Referrals are people that register here and state that they learned of the site from you.

Evo said:
Referrals are people that register here and state that they learned of the site from you.
cool, I tell everyone I know about how wonderful it is here. It is great to have a forum with intelligent, educated people. I learn so much by hearing others arguments, and researching my own. I might add it is also very well moderated.:approve:
psst got any more of those get out of banning free cards:wink:

1. What does "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" mean?

"Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" is a warning message that appears on certain electronic devices or software. It indicates that the device or software is not functioning properly and may require troubleshooting or maintenance.

2. Why is it important to pay attention to a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message?

It is important to pay attention to a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message because it could indicate a potential issue with the device or software. Ignoring the warning could lead to further malfunctions or damage.

3. What are some common causes of a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message?

A "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message can be caused by a variety of factors, such as low battery, software errors, hardware malfunctions, or outdated firmware. It is important to check the user manual or contact technical support for specific troubleshooting steps.

4. How can I fix a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message?

The best way to fix a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message depends on the specific device or software. In most cases, it is recommended to follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the user manual or contact technical support for assistance.

5. Can ignoring a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message cause further damage?

Ignoring a "Warn 0%: What Does it Mean?" message can potentially cause further damage to the device or software. It is best to address the warning as soon as possible to prevent any further issues.