Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Warn: 0% OOOOOOO

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1
    What is the Warn thing for? I just noticed it. Is it to see how many warnings I've gotten or what? It looks like a kind of staph bacteria or something.

DOH! Nevermind...Ijust clicked it and couldn't delete this post. OKAAAAY...is anyone else ready for Friday to be over?

San Demas Highschool football RULES!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

It used to be up by the post number before, and perhaps one did not notice it. It's a reminder for those who get warned about violations of PF rules and etiquette, or otherwise misbehave. One only see's one's warning - no one else but Mentors and Admins see it. Every member has that feature.

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

Would someone be banned after 5 warnings?

5. Oct 7, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I realize that PF is an international community, and that the upgrade was a big deal, but I don't think that it qualifies as either Politics or World Affairs, so I'm moving it here to Feedback.

Yes. It is there to be a constant indicator of how bad you've been, and a perpetual reminder of your shame. :biggrin:

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You've got a real obsession with warnings, haven't you? :eek:

Different warnings carry different point values. Crackpottery and personal attacks are considered serious, spamming is considered moderate, and generally annoying behavior is considered not so serious. If you hit 15 points then you take a 3 week vacation (unpaid) from PF.

Each user is notified after each warning, and the ban does not come as a surprise. If you stick to the PF Guidelines, as well as to the Guidelines of each subsection (written in Stickies), then you needn't worry about it.

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Or perhaps with warners! :tongue2: :rofl:

Thanks to clarify!:smile: Now I'm not obsessed with warnings anymore, because I finally got what they are all about. (I've seen 1 of your warnings, because I asked someone to forward it to me. :rolleyes:)

8. Oct 12, 2005 #7
    How about referrals?

What do they mean?

9. Oct 12, 2005 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Referrals are people that register here and state that they learned of the site from you.

10. Oct 13, 2005 #9
    cool, I tell everyone I know about how wonderful it is here. It is great to have a forum with intelligent, educated people. I learn so much by hearing others arguments, and researching my own. I might add it is also very well moderated.:approve:
    psst got any more of those get out of banning free cards:wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?