Warning Unable to Disable

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have a program which everytime I have it compile on VC6++, there are a bunch of warnings but without any errors emitted. I have tried to disable all those warnings but none come to get effected at all by, for instance, "#pragma warning(disable: 1234)".
Is this a bug in MS C++ compiler version ? How can I make things work fine again ?

Thanks so very much for all of your help, --lol--

Answers and Replies

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It'd be better just to fix your code.

- Warren

lol

:)

- aychamo

chroot said:
It'd be better just to fix your code.

- Warren
No, i don't think there is anything wrong in my code, my program works fine, there is also output after I execute it...
Thanks for your answer anyway

Anyone else who can help me ?

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, it obviously functions, but it's obviously not well-written code. Show us the offending line of code, and the warning it produces, and we'll help you solve it.

- Warren

aychamo said:
lol

:)

- aychamo
If you could draw a monkey face as your avatar, people and I would pay much attention to the nonsense you are doing and writing about..
By the way, I would like chroot get rid of this thread of mine and his out of my thread if possible because nothing about what I am doing but a meaningless smile and an I-don't-like-signature from the language I don't know...Sorry aychamo...

Okay, thanks chroot for your help..
Here is the warning I have from my compiler
Code:
'std::vector<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >
 >::vector<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just an Asterisk,

I'm making an honest attempt to help you. Warnings are produced for a reason. Using a directive to disable the warning is not a good solution. You should just fix the code so it no longer produces the warning. Show it to me, and I will help you fix it.

- Warren

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just an Asterisk,

Just compile your program in release mode instead of debug mode -- unless you need to use the source-level debugger.

- Warren

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q167355 [Broken]

- Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Just an Asterisk said:
No, i don't think there is anything wrong in my code, my program works fine, there is also output after I execute it...
So, planning on working at Microsoft are we?