Is the New Font Less Readable and More Decorative?

• Thread starter Vanadium 50
  • Start date
In summary: Then it is rendering. I didn't see that Greg had switched to Lora, so I thought that the posts should be in a sans serif font. I agree with you, it is...
Samy_A said:
And now is again larger, as it was before.
I did increase by 1pt. Did you like the size before at 15pt? Personally I have my browser zoom set to 110% so before the text was too small for me to read easily.

Likes phinds
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
I did increase by 1pt. Did you like the size before at 15pt? Personally I have my browser zoom set to 110% so before the text was too small for me to read easily.
It's fine now, but thanks for the 110% tip. Just applied that too and it makes it much better for me.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Source Pro seems a bit denser

Source Pro
View attachment 95221

PT Sans
View attachment 95222
Source Pro wins among the ones mentioned here.

Samy_A said:
It's fine now, but thanks for the 110% tip. Just applied that too and it makes it much better for me.
So I'm confused, you think at 100% the post text is still too small?

Greg Bernhardt said:
So I'm confused, you think at 100% the post text is still too small?
No, sorry for the confusion. It's fine now, also at 100%. But, without any connection to your tweaking of the website, I now noticed that I like it more at 110%.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm w/ you Greg. I found the old a bit hard so magnified my browser

phinds said:
I'm w/ you Greg. I found the old a bit hard so magnified my browser
How about now as I increased it by 1pt from yesterday?

Likes Silicon Waffle and Psinter
Greg Bernhardt said:
How about now as I increased it by 1pt from yesterday?
Can't tell w/o side by side since although I have a memory like an elephant, I keep forgetting where I put the peanuts and I'm not sure where I have my browser settings vs where they were when I changed them to make PF a bit more readable. I certainly can't remember anything from as way far back as yesterday :smile:

I can say that whatever it is now, it works so quit screwing around and go do something useful like drinking beer.

Likes jim mcnamara
My feedback is that I like it now.

EDIT: The g of Greg is still a little cutted off. But I still like it now.

Likes Silicon Waffle
I also see the forums texts by default are a little small. I have to zoom them into get a better view. I find the body text looks good at size of 15px. And Greg can show his g part that is being cut off if the username's top value becomes smaller. Come on Greg! Show us your "g" please.

Likes Mondayman
Silicon Waffle said:
I also see the forums texts by default are a little small. I have to zoom them into get a better view. I find the body text looks good at size of 15px. And Greg can show his g part that is being cut off if the username's top value becomes smaller. Come on Greg! Show us your "g" please.
Oh, god no, not his g. I really don't want to see his g.

Likes Silicon Waffle
I don't get it phinds.

To be honest, in between all the font changes at one point I thought it said: Greq. And almost made a thread to ask whether it was Greg or Greq because I felt something was off.

Psinter said:
I don't get it phinds.

To be honest, in between all the font changes at one point I thought it said: Greq. And almost made a thread to ask whether it was Greg or Greq because I felt something was off.
Uh ... you need to lighten up. Not everything is meant seriously.

phinds said:
Uh ... you need to lighten up. Not everything is meant seriously.
Ah, now I can laugh at it. Hahaha! I read it now and it's funny, for real. :thumbup:

upload_2016-2-9_10-32-29.png
I see this with BOTH browsers (IE11 & Chome) and have for quite a while. Cleared cookies for both. Descenders for lettters are not there. No biggie.

The equation pushes the bottom line down. In general latex should not be in titles

Thank you, that clears up something.