Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Washington D.C. 1952 UFO Episode

1. Apr 9, 2008 #1

The 1952 Washington D.C. UFO incident, also known as the Washington flap, was a series of unidentified flying object reports from July 13 to July 29, 1952, over Washington D.C. The most-publicized sightings took place on consecutive weekends, July 19-20 and July 26-27.

What i found more disturbing of this case is that it was one who has been seen at the same time by military radars, civilians, military aircrafts, the goverment and videotaped.

What are your thoughts about this?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2008 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I believe that video is actually a clip from a dramatization of the event made for TV. There were RADAR, visual, and photographic confirmations of the event, but no movie film.
  4. Apr 10, 2008 #3
    Any source fot that?
  5. Apr 10, 2008 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Heh, you have that a little backwards. You need to provide a source for the clip. But that aside, if you review the literature you will see no references to a movie of the event.

I think it was made for this show.
  6. Apr 10, 2008 #5
    You are right! but that whas exactly what i was looking for, and i couldn't find any.
    Can't se the video right now ( we have youtube filtered where i work) but thanks in advance!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?