Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Washington's Madam

1. Mar 9, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/01/AR2007030101725.html

Oh please, do tell!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you seen any politicians looking particularly sweaty recently? :rofl:

4. Mar 9, 2007 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

They all look sweaty, or greasy, or even slimey - if ya know what I mean. :grumpy:

5. Mar 9, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hillary...........?

6. Mar 9, 2007 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Hey, you never know. Maybe there's a reason Bill had to seek entertainment elsewhere. :wink:

With a list of 10,000 clients, all with enough money to pay for $300 prostitutes, I bet there would be far more than just a few recognizable names on that list. Then again, why pay when you can get the interns for free? :uhh:

7. Mar 9, 2007 #6
    Damm, why didnt I hear about this sooner?

8. Mar 12, 2007 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/12/madam.clientlist.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

9. Mar 12, 2007 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, now it's up to 15,000 clients? Good time to be a divorce lawyer in D.C. (unless, of course, your name is on the list). :tongue2:

10. Mar 13, 2007 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I wonder how many guys are going to 'find religion' in the next few weeks. :rolleyes:

11. Mar 13, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gone are the days when they could just buy up every copy of the paper before anyone sees their name on the list. :rofl: I'm sure the lesser known names will be safe...the papers can't print every single name, so will have to select just the highlights of the most notable on the list. Though, perhaps we shouldn't assume it's only men on the list.

12. Mar 13, 2007 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Since "up to" is "less than", to have 20 clients is to have up to 15000. In addition, 20 is an approximation of 15000.

13. Mar 13, 2007 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, the original article said "about 10000" so I figure that means they're now estimating somewhere over 10000 and under 15000. Of course, I don't know how many were dumb enough to give their real names.

14. Mar 13, 2007 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Hmm..a GOOD madam is an expert at getting the names of her clients whether she needs them or not.
    Or at least, she should be good at it.

15. Mar 13, 2007 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You mean how many were dumb enough to use a real phone number to call from and for her to call them back? Only the large number of phone records makes it hard for anyone to track back the identity of her clients.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?