Deciphering Squid Communication Through Light Patterns

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary, there is a recommendation to watch NOVA on PBS tonight, specifically the episode featuring cuttlefish and squids. The conversation also mentions the value of shows like "ScienceNOW" and the highly recommended series by David Attenborough on BBC. There is also a mention of a DVD series of Planet Earth and a video featuring the communication modes of squids.
turbo
Gold Member
Watch NOVA on PBS tonight!

Hopefully, you'll get the same feed we are scheduled for, regarding cuttlefish, squids, etc. It's amazing what these critters can do!

Physics news on Phys.org

Cool! Lately there have been lots of the "ScienceNOW", which is good... but its better to have more depth which can be offered by the full time of the show.

Gokul43201 said:
On a related topic, the series by David Attenborough on BBC (Deep Blue, Blue Planet, Planet Earth, etc.) are highly recommended: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=attenborough+deep+blue&search_type=&aq=fWarning: Patience is a virtue. This is not the NFL.

X2. I ordered the DVD for the complete series of Planet Earth just so that I could watch it on my friends 72" television. Awe-inspiring.

That's a great video, Gokul, and as B. Elliott mentioned, it is awe-inspiring.

turbo-1 said:
Hopefully, you'll get the same feed we are scheduled for, regarding cuttlefish, squids, etc. It's amazing what these critters can do!

Are you referring to the episode where the scientist is decipering the communication modes of the squids? The only mode apparently is light patterns .

1. What is NOVA on PBS?

NOVA is a popular science television series on PBS that covers a wide range of topics, from technology and engineering to natural phenomena and historical discoveries.

2. When and where can I watch NOVA on PBS?

NOVA airs on PBS stations across the United States every Wednesday at 9/8c. You can also watch full episodes and clips on PBS's website or through the PBS app.

3. What kind of content can I expect to see on NOVA?

NOVA covers a variety of scientific topics, including advancements in technology, space exploration, environmental issues, and historical discoveries. The show also features interviews with experts and scientists, as well as captivating visuals and animations to explain complex concepts.

4. Is NOVA appropriate for all ages?

NOVA is designed for a general audience and is appropriate for all ages. However, some episodes may cover more mature or complex topics, so parents may want to use discretion when deciding if it is suitable for younger viewers.

5. Can I watch NOVA episodes online after they air on PBS?

Yes, you can watch full episodes and clips of NOVA on PBS's website or through the PBS app. Some episodes may also be available for purchase or rental on platforms like iTunes or Amazon Prime Video.