Can I Connect a Garden Hose to a Round Bath Tube Spike?

• Thread starter biferi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Water
In summary, the waterbed comes with adapters to attach a garden hose to the bed or a sink faucet. If you don't have adapters, the waterbed store you bought it from may have them. The aspirator is a device used to empty the waterbed. It has a leg with no threads on it and a hood to disperse the water when draining. You can't use the aspirator to fill the waterbed.
biferi
I have a water bed and I have a t connector that let's me connect a garden hose to my bathroom sink.

But I wanted to know if there is a w any to connect my garden hose to my bath tube spike?

The bath tube spike is round and about 2 inch round.

If I am not asking in the right way please let me know?

Physics news on Phys.org

you might be able to attach your hose to the shower head if you have one.

I don't know where you live, but in the US when you buy a water bed, it generally comes with adapters. One adapter let's you attach a hose to the water bed to fill it, and the other adapter let's you connect the other end of the hose to a sink faucet. Typically, you have to unscrew the aerator from a kitchen or bathroom sink faucet, so you can thread that adapter on. I hope this helps. Good luck.

i have a waterbed and had it for better than 2 decades.

there are little plastic adapters for both ends of the garden hose. if you attach the garden hose to a standard faucet outside or a similar faucet inside (usually in a utility room), you won't need the adapter on that end. but for a typical kitchen sink faucet or spigot you do.

the adapter for the bed end of the hose is generally always needed, whether you're filling or draining.

if you don't have these adapters, go back to the store where you bought the waterbed. if you obtained it directly from an owner/user, and that person has lost the adapters, i don't know where to find them. i guess check out the web. if you know another waterbed owner, maybe you can ask to borrow the hose adapters. they will want the adapters back, for sure.

You mentioned that the object you have looks like a T connector. I think you may have the aspirator. This is a device that let's you drain the waterbed. It actually uses the force or running water to pump the water out of the bed. If it's the aspirator, one of it's legs will have no threads on it and should have some sort of hood over the thing to disperse the water when draining. You can't use the aspirator to fill the waterbed.

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=8666

1. Can I connect a regular garden hose to a round bath tube spike?

Yes, as long as the garden hose has a compatible thread size and can be securely attached to the round bath tube spike.

2. Will connecting a garden hose to a round bath tube spike affect the water pressure?

It may slightly decrease the water pressure, but it should not be significant enough to impact normal use.

3. Can I use the garden hose connected to the round bath tube spike for drinking water?

No, it is not recommended to use the water from a garden hose for drinking as it may contain bacteria and other contaminants.

4. How do I properly connect the garden hose to the round bath tube spike?

First, make sure the hose and spike have compatible fittings. Then, securely attach the hose to the spike, making sure there are no leaks. You can use a hose clamp for added security.

5. Is it safe to leave the garden hose connected to the round bath tube spike?

It is not recommended to leave the garden hose connected to the spike for extended periods of time as it can cause pressure build-up and potentially damage the plumbing.