The Controversial Water Engine: Separating Fact from Fiction

In summary, the conversation is about various scientific concepts and inventions, including a crackpot idea about using saltwater as fuel. The conversation also touches on the topic of combustion and the role of different compounds in the process. The participants express curiosity and skepticism about certain ideas and question why certain inventions have not been mass-produced yet. One participant even considers changing their major but is advised against it.
zinedine_88
hey

i just came across these videos on you tube

1 [crackpot link deleted]

i wonder how come that invention hasn't changed our world YET

dOes petroleum INDUSTRYu have a future... ( i am petroleum engineerin :((((((((((((((((((

also can anybody explain how come the radio wave break the H-O bond in water and it LIGHT up... I thought that in COMBUSTION the PRODUCST ARE ALWAYS CO2 and H2O

that's weird... and WHY do we need salt water since THese radio waves can break that O-H bond in DISTILLED WATER AS WELL... why is the salt so important? and WHAT ARE THE BYPRODUCST OF THAT REACTION SINCE THERE IS NO CO2?

WHAT DO U THINK GUYS...

i think i have to change my major... i don't want to be without a job one day...

2 - [crackpot link deleted]

how come the flame is cold if you touch it and super hot when attached to another material...

also when he burns that white surface... and shows the water drops... How are they actually created? -

and when he shows that he drives his car with water... i am asking myself... WHY IN THE WORLD SUCH ENGINE ARE NOT BUILD YET?

they show it is done.. water is FUEL//... the answered is found...

what takes them so long before starting mass production?

please ponder upon these questions and explain me WHY :)))

thans

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
zinedine_88 said:
please ponder upon these questions and explain me WHY :)))

thans

I haven't done the experiment, but I believe the outcome would look something like this:

A 1.0 kilo-watt microwave beam is pointed at a vial of saltwater. The water splits into hydrogen and oxygen atoms, which when burned, generate 0.1 kilo-watt of thermal energy.

I would keep your day job if I were you.

1. don't change your major.

2. @OmCheeto: +1

3. [itex]\textrm{CO}_2[/itex] is produced on combustion when organic compounds combust [or other compounds which have carbon in them]. Combustion reactions are basically oxidation reactions only. The oxidation of a Magnesium strip is a lot like combustion, but neither [itex]\textrm{H}_2\textrm{O}[/itex] or [itex][itex]\textrm{CO}_2[/itex]

4. I don't know if this has to do anything with ionic phenomena, but if it does.. then salt water is necessary. If it doesn't... and as you said that this happens with distilled water too.. then the point i think is that distilled water isn't easy to find. However, we have salt water in abundance which we can use to create energy.

What is a water engine?

A water engine is a type of engine that uses water as its source of fuel. It works by breaking down the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen gas, which are then used to power the engine.

Who invented the water engine?

The water engine was invented by John Kanzius, an American inventor and scientist, in 2007. He was inspired by the idea of using water as a clean and renewable source of fuel.

How does the water engine work?

The water engine works by using radio frequency waves to break down the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen gas. These gases are then collected and used to power the engine, producing only water vapor as a byproduct.

What are the potential benefits of using a water engine?

The use of a water engine has several potential benefits, including reducing our dependence on fossil fuels, reducing carbon emissions, and providing a clean and renewable source of energy.

Are there any challenges or limitations to using a water engine?

One challenge of using a water engine is the high amount of energy required to break down the water molecules. Additionally, the technology is still in its early stages and more research and development is needed to make it a viable alternative to traditional engines.