Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water filtration sysyem for relief in N.O.

1. Sep 4, 2005 #1
    I am an 18 year old from Minneapolis and I plan on heading to New Olreans very shortly to help out down there. I am brining a van full of supplies and one of the items I would like to bring with is a water purifier and filtration system. I'm thinking the best set up I could have would be either a carbon or a sediment filter, or maybe a combination of both. I just want something that could convert the flood water into drinkable water for people. Can anyone tell me what to build or show me a website?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Just buy one so you wont run into any problems creating bad water. I dont think disaster areas are the best places to 'experiment' with thing slike this.

4. Sep 4, 2005 #3
    I would love to buy one, but I'm kind of broke right now. All I can afford are the parts to make one. Besides, I know they are very simple and effective, because I remember making some in Chemistry class in high school that consistently removed chemicals and other materials from water.

5. Sep 4, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Try to google one then. Google is your friend :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?