1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water fountain dymamics

1. Feb 5, 2016 #1
    I want to study a a kind of fountain based on air dilatation with temperature. Even though the principle of the fountain is simple, the calculations involved are not. I have a hard time doing the math for the process of water propulsion. So I think that analyzing the outcome (the water movement), I might get a better idea of what is going on. What I am precisely asking is if someone knows about some articles that might help me study the movement of water through air after it leaves the pipe.
    So far I have found different things on the internet that treat the water as a normal rigid projectile, which in my opinion is useless, because, if you look at a fountain, at first the water flows like through a pipe, then it splits into water bubbles due to the frictional forces.
    Could anyone offer me a direction in doing the calculations or point out some articles that might help me.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2016 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook