Why does the water level in a glass flask first decrease and then increase?

In summary, RabX suspects that the OP's communication issues are due to drug usage and an attempt to improve drug production.
RabX
itxx change lykk why water in glass flask first decrease then increase?replyy

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It helps control pouring.
Imagine if it were the opposite, such as with a martini glass.
Try to pour with that!

Edit: Oh, I forgot! Also mixing. Probably more for that reason.
Recall films of scientists swirling their mixture with such a flask.

Last edited:
DUN U THNK
may b it due to xpansion or sumthng lyk dat ?
well i didnt got ur answer can u elaborate it ??

it first decrease then increaseeee why soo ?/

Are you talking about the shape of the glass, or, why the density of water is greater at the bottom than at the top?

IV i knew d answer would i ask ??

ques is whyy the level of water in glass flask first decreases then increases ?

Are you talking about this?
See attached pic.

Attachments

• captube.gif
    captube.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 487
HEY LIsten
suppose in glass flask dere is a water awlryte??
den on heating d level ov water decreases first den increases??why dix happen ?whtx d reason behind dix ?

yeah ryte pic bt why water in glass flask decreases thn after tym it increases ??why so ??

RabX said:
HEY LIsten
suppose in glass flask dere is a water awlryte??
den on heating d level ov water decreases first den increases??why dix happen ?whtx d reason behind dix ?

OK, now we're getting somewhere... assuming I can decrypt your language.

Evaporation happens first(actually at all times), and the water level initially drops, but then something special happens: The water boils, which means there are a lot of air-pocket bubbles now in the water; expanding the water.
So, it now appears that the water level is rising; quite substantially, sometimes "boiling over"

Does this help, RabX ?

YA UR ANS IS CLOSE
ITX ANSWER IS WHEN V HEAT flask first d flask xpand den heat vll reach to liquid in flask n thus liquid vll xpand n increase ..

well apart from that
i have query in d problem of thermal expansion
"THe coefficient of linear expansion ov glass is 9multiply 10 raise to power -6.if a specific gravity bottle holds 50.000cm3 at 15 Centigrade find its capacity at 25 degree centigrade?

Per the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380":
In the interest of conveying ideas as clearly as possible, posts are required to show reasonable attention to written English communication standards. This includes the use of proper grammatical structure, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. SMS messaging shorthand, such as using "u" for "you", is not acceptable.

Write like a grown-up and people might answer your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but the OP's continual lack of basic communicative ability lends further response by me impossible.

Before I leave this particular thread I must say this:

I do not believe his communicative inability is due solely to text messaging linguistics.
Rather, in my opinion, there is something more to this.
I suspect a serious drug usage and an attempt to refine drug production.

Just my opinion, could be wrong, but I can't further participate in this thread.

Thanks, and good luck RabX

What is the purpose of measuring the water level in a glass flask?

The water level in a glass flask is often measured to determine the volume of liquid contained within the flask. This information can be used for various purposes such as conducting experiments, mixing solutions, or accurately measuring the amount of a substance.

How is the water level in a glass flask measured?

The water level in a glass flask can be measured using a variety of methods. One common method is to use a graduated cylinder or pipette to transfer the liquid from the flask and measure its volume. Another method is to use a ruler or measuring tape to measure the height of the liquid in the flask and calculate the volume using the flask's dimensions.

What factors can affect the accuracy of measuring the water level in a glass flask?

There are several factors that can affect the accuracy of measuring the water level in a glass flask. These include the precision of the measuring instrument, the shape and size of the flask, and any external factors that may influence the volume of the liquid such as temperature or pressure.

Why is it important to accurately measure the water level in a glass flask?

Accurately measuring the water level in a glass flask is important for ensuring the validity and reliability of experiments or processes that involve the use of the liquid. It can also help to prevent errors and ensure consistent results.

What are some common units of measurement used for the water level in a glass flask?

The most commonly used units for measuring the water level in a glass flask are milliliters (mL) and liters (L). In some cases, cubic centimeters (cm3) or cubic meters (m3) may also be used. It is important to use the appropriate unit of measurement for the task at hand and to convert between units if necessary.