Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water supply system

1. Nov 19, 2009 #1
    how to design a pump with top water level at the intake is 158m and to the treatment plant of 250m top water level

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What is the context of your question? If it is a school question, could you please show us the full question?

4. Nov 20, 2009 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

You actually want to design a pump or you just want to design a system and select a pump?

5. Nov 20, 2009 #4
    If this was a real life situation, would it fall on a Mechanical Engineers guard or Civil or both?

6. Nov 21, 2009 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Probably mechanical.

7. Dec 6, 2009 #6
    iam doing a project on water supply for my design project class in school.how can i start with the design.data available are top water level for intake top water level for treatment plant top water level for storage reservior, the distances from intake to treatment plant and from treatment plant to storage.how can i desing my intake structure and its capacity?

8. Dec 7, 2009 #7

stewartcs

Science Advisor

What are the requirements and restrictions of the project? What all do you need to design (e.g. piping system, structure)?

CS

9. Jan 12, 2012 #8

vvm

i am doing a project on 60km water pipe line from parvathi river,rajasthan.here the water level is high.so hydro testing is getting fail for several times.K-9 Ductile pipe of 600mm dia pipe-line.how to get success in it.i am fresher for this field.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook