1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water Waves

1. Mar 14, 2004 #1
    Hey, I need some help with finding information about shallow water waves. Im doing an A-level (i think that college level.. well its just below degree level) experiment compairing the velocity of a wave with its depth, and need some help finding background scientific information.
    Everything i have seen so far as either been thesis material or speed=wavelength x frequency . So if anyone could help me i would be very greatful.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2004 #2
    Deimos, goodness knows I can't help you...but I am sure some of the brainy types will. I just wanted to thank you for the weird link, I am sure my son will love it!

P.S. I remember hearing something about solenils, or solenoids, or something like that, being a wave, like the kind kids make in the bathtub, that is a single, big wave, concerning velocity and depth. Good luck in your class.
  4. Mar 14, 2004 #3
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  5. Mar 14, 2004 #4
  6. Mar 15, 2004 #5
    That makes 2 of us, but thanks for all your help. I found a really good site that has lost of useful wave stuff.
    now all i have to do is to write up my coursework!

Thanks again,
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?