Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Water Waves

1. Mar 14, 2004 #1
    Hey, I need some help with finding information about shallow water waves. Im doing an A-level (i think that college level.. well its just below degree level) experiment compairing the velocity of a wave with its depth, and need some help finding background scientific information.
    Everything i have seen so far as either been thesis material or speed=wavelength x frequency . So if anyone could help me i would be very greatful.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2004 #2
    Deimos, goodness knows I can't help you...but I am sure some of the brainy types will. I just wanted to thank you for the weird link, I am sure my son will love it!

P.S. I remember hearing something about solenils, or solenoids, or something like that, being a wave, like the kind kids make in the bathtub, that is a single, big wave, concerning velocity and depth. Good luck in your class.

4. Mar 14, 2004 #3
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  5. Mar 14, 2004 #4
  6. Mar 15, 2004 #5
    That makes 2 of us, but thanks for all your help. I found a really good site that has lost of useful http://intra.es.lancs.ac.uk:8080/gs/GEPH323/CW98/O_Barton/wave.htm
    now all i have to do is to write up my coursework!

Thanks again,
    Deimos

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook