Solving CCTV Camera & NVR Issues: A Thread in Electrical Engineering Forum

• Thread starter nagendranp
  • Start date
nagendranp
hi every one. its nice being with you. I'm a electronics graduate. & have a few doubts. i would be glad if explained.

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
nagendranp said:
hi every one. its nice being with you. I'm a electronics graduate. & have a few doubts. i would be glad if explained.

thank you

Welcome to the PF. :-)

If you have a general conceptual question, you can post it in the EE forum. Please be sure to post links to the reading you have been doing about the subject, and ask your specific questions about that reading. You will get great help in answering your conceptual questions.

If you have schoolwork-type questions, please post them in the Homework Help forums (either the Engineering or Intro Physics forum), and fill out the Homework Help Template you are provided. That will include listing the Relevant Equations, and your Attempt at a Solution.

Likes dlgoff
berkeman said:
schoolwork-type questions

To be more explicit: this means asking for help with solving a specific textbook-type exercise, either as a school assignment or as part of self-study. The exercise doesn't have to be actually from a textbook. It could be one that your instructor made up, or one that you found on the internet, or even one that you yourself made up, so long as it has the "flavor" of a textbook exercise.

sir I am a business man I am having isues with a CCTV Camera & NVR. that's why I am here for homework there are plenty of prople locally here. if you know a solution please suggest or will make my own arrangements. thank you

nagendranp said:
sir I am a business man I am having isues with a CCTV Camera & NVR. that's why I am here for homework there are plenty of prople locally here. if you know a solution please suggest or will make my own arrangements. thank you

Go ahead and start a thread in the Electrical Engineering (EE) forum with your questions. Please post links to the reading you have been doing, and be sure to define any terms that may not be obvious to other users here (like what is "NVR"?). :-)

1. How do I troubleshoot a CCTV camera that is not recording?

There are a few potential reasons why a CCTV camera may not be recording. First, check the camera's power source and make sure it is properly connected. Next, check the camera's storage device (usually an NVR) and make sure it has enough space to record. If both of these are functioning properly, try resetting the camera or checking its settings to ensure it is set to record.

2. What should I do if my CCTV camera is showing a black screen?

A black screen on a CCTV camera can be caused by a few different factors. First, check the camera's power source and make sure it is properly connected. Next, check the camera's lens and make sure it is clean and not obstructed. If these do not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the camera's image sensor and it may need to be replaced.

3. How do I fix a CCTV camera that is displaying a distorted image?

If your CCTV camera is displaying a distorted image, it could be due to a few different reasons. First, check the camera's lens and make sure it is clean and not obstructed. Next, check the camera's settings and make sure they are properly configured. If these do not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the camera's image sensor and it may need to be replaced.

4. What should I do if my NVR is not connecting to my CCTV cameras?

If your NVR is not connecting to your CCTV cameras, there are a few potential solutions. First, check the network connection between the NVR and the cameras. Make sure they are properly connected and that there are no network issues. Next, check the NVR's settings and make sure they are properly configured. If these do not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the NVR itself and it may need to be replaced.

5. How do I troubleshoot a CCTV camera that is not displaying live footage?

If your CCTV camera is not displaying live footage, there could be a few different reasons. First, check the camera's power source and make sure it is properly connected. Next, check the camera's settings and make sure they are properly configured. If these do not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the camera's image sensor and it may need to be replaced.