Understanding the Probability Density Function of a Wave Function

In summary, the conversation is about the relationship between probability density and energy in quantum mechanics. The formula for probability density is given as \mathbb{P}=:|\Psi (\vec{r},t)|^{2}, and the question is whether there is an inverse ratio relation with energy. The conversation also touches on the use of Dirac's and von Neumann's descriptions of quantum states, as well as the uncertainty principle. The person summarizing the conversation claims to have created a formula that combines information theory and quantum mechanics, but the other person doubts its accuracy. The conversation ends with the first person stating that their mother tongue is Chinese and expressing curiosity about the other person's background.
thinker
Have known a wave function, how get does distributing density function of the probability?

Physics news on Phys.org
You mean,if you have [itex] \Psi(\vec{r},t) [/tex],how does one get probablility density...?
Simple:
[tex] \mathbb{P}=:|\Psi (\vec{r},t)|^{2} [/tex]

Daniel.

P.S.Or was the question about something else...?:confused:

thank you, Exactly I want

dextercioby said:
You mean,if you have [itex] \Psi(\vec{r},t) [/tex],how does one get probablility density...?
Simple:
[tex] \mathbb{P}=:|\Psi (\vec{r},t)|^{2} [/tex]

Daniel.

P.S.Or was the question about something else...?:confused:

I want to know the relation between [tex]\mathbb{P}[/tex] and energy.
And formula of underneath in:
[tex]
\newcommand{\pd}[2]{\mathbb{P}({#1},{#2})}
\mathbb{I}=\idotsint \frac {\pd {\vec{r}} {t}} {\pd {\vec{r}_m} {t_m}} \cdot (1-ln(\frac {\pd {\vec{r}} {t}} {\pd {\vec{r}_m} {t_m}})) \,D \vec{r} \,dt
[/tex]

Among them, [tex]\mathbb{P}(\vec{r},t)[/tex] at [tex]\vec{r}= {\vec{r}}_m[/tex] and [tex]t= t_m[/tex] take the biggest value.

Is the relation between [tex]\mathbb{I}[/tex] and energy the inverse ratio relation?

I've never seen your formula...Is it somehow linked to quantum statistics...?In quantum statistics,we don't use Dirac's description of quantum states,but rather von Neumann's...

Please give more details.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
I've never seen your formula...Is it somehow linked to quantum statistics...?In quantum statistics,we don't use Dirac's description of quantum states,but rather von Neumann's...

Please give more details.

Daniel.

I never heard" the von Neumann".May you tell me information for " the von Neumann"?
It is a quantum statistics.That formula useds for measuring the uncertainty.I doubt it to become the inverse ratio with energy.

dextercioby,
You are to did not see which formula, because it is what I create.

You mean the fluctuation.Fluctuation in what...?That would account for it.What do you mean you created it...?

Did u study QM or SM...?If not,that would explain why u never heard of John von Neumann and why your formula has 99.99% chances of being incorrect.

Daniel.

what is QM or SM?
Is John von Neumann who is a mathematician?I don't know this name how to write on my mother tongue.
My formula is correct!

QM = Quantum Mechanics
SM = I'm guessing Statistical Mechanics

[tex]N_v=\frac {cosv\piJ_v(z)-J_[-v}(z)}{sinv \pi}
Neumann function.
Is he this Neumann?
I am study QM and math and computer

Nope,that guy is a German.John von Neumann was a Hungary-born American.Mathematician,the one which axiomatized and mathematically founded Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Statistics...

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
You mean the fluctuation.Fluctuation in what...?That would account for it.What do you mean you created it...?

Did u study QM or SM...?If not,that would explain why u never heard of John von Neumann and why your formula has 99.99% chances of being incorrect.

Daniel.

[tex]N_v=\frac {cosv{\pi}J_v(z)-J_{-v}(z)} {sinv \pi}[/tex]
Neumann function.
Is he this Neumann?
I am study QM and MATH and computer.
[tex]D \vec{r}=dx\,dy\,dx[/tex] in my formula.
I think that my formula is right.You can point out it wrong at where?
hehe..It is what I define.

I've already told you,that is other Neumann.This quy has nothing to do with QM and QSM...

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
I've already told you,that is other Neumann.This quy has nothing to do with QM and QSM...

Daniel.
Perhaps I do not have what you study deep, but I am study QM and MATH and computer.

dextercioby said:
Nope,that guy is a German.John von Neumann was a Hungary-born American.Mathematician,the one which axiomatized and mathematically founded Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Statistics...

Daniel.
I don't knew what you say.I don't read understand.I am sorry.

dextercioby,
You did not see understand my formula, these are all not strange.Because you do not understand the information theory.It is the outcome that the information theory combines with the quantum mechanics.

Just curiosity thinker, where are you from and what's your mother tongue?

BlackBaron said:
Just curiosity thinker, where are you from and what's your mother tongue?
my mother tongue is Chinese.

What is a probability density function (PDF) of a wave function?

A probability density function (PDF) of a wave function is a mathematical representation that describes the probability of finding a particle at a given location in space, based on the properties of its wave function.

How is a PDF of a wave function related to the uncertainty principle?

The uncertainty principle states that it is impossible to simultaneously measure both the position and momentum of a particle with absolute precision. The PDF of a wave function reflects this by showing a range of possible positions where the particle is likely to be found, rather than a single, definite position.

What is the difference between a wave function and a PDF of a wave function?

A wave function describes the behavior of a quantum system, while a PDF of a wave function describes the probability of finding a particle within that system at a given point in space.

How is the PDF of a wave function calculated?

The PDF of a wave function is calculated by taking the square of the absolute value of the wave function. This reflects the probability amplitude of the wave function, which determines the likelihood of finding a particle at a specific point in space.

What information can be obtained from the PDF of a wave function?

The PDF of a wave function provides information about the spatial distribution of a particle and the probability of finding it in a particular location. It can also be used to calculate other properties of the system, such as the average position and momentum of the particle.