Is Your Personal Information Safe on Zabasearch?

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wave
In summary: I think it's a good idea.In summary, the first site has incorrect dates for some of the addresses, and the second site is not very useful.
Zantra
www.zabasearch.com

great if you want to find someone else. But try looking up yourself and see how much comes up. I had every address I've ever lived at come up

Physics news on Phys.org
Umm, I think something is wrong with the first site. They had some of the addresses correct, but the years are way off. One of the correct addresses had teh year 1955 and I wasn't even alive then. Another correct address said 1974 and I had just been born. Unless someone with the exact same name has lived in the exact same places as me then the years are wrong.

DOH! Nevermind

Last edited:
The dates are your date of birth. That's a little bothersome that my birthdate is so freely available, though, not like there aren't a million other ways someone could find that out (that's why you're not supposed to use your birthdate as a password or pin number, it's too easy to learn).

The rest of the info is just a bunch of old addresses and phone numbers they could have gotten from the phone book. It's not like people don't know where I live, though they'd have to know I'm me in order for it to do any good. Actually, in a way, in this day and age of identity theft, it's somewhat reassuring to see that my name and birthdate aren't showing up at any addresses where I haven't lived...apparently my middle initial makes me somewhat unique from the rest of the list there.

Funny, I'm not listed, but a misspelling of my name is listed at my ex-husband's current address and I've never lived there. An old boyfriend of mine is not listed, but his dad is.

lol, I'm in there too. This way I'll never loose track of my friends I guess :tongue:

What worries me is that you can do a background check for $20 and find out all this information 20 Year Address History - Current Telephone Numbers - Bankruptcies - Legal Judgments - Current/Previous Home & Property Ownership - Current/Previous Addresses - Names and Addresses of Relatives - Current and Previous Roommates and Neighbors - Liens etc. is that really necessary? :bugeye:

How did they collect this info bout ppl?Is there a government database or something to be referenced from??

Monique said:
lol, I'm in there too. This way I'll never loose track of my friends I guess :tongue:

What worries me is that you can do a background check for $20 and find out all this information 20 Year Address History - Current Telephone Numbers - Bankruptcies - Legal Judgments - Current/Previous Home & Property Ownership - Current/Previous Addresses - Names and Addresses of Relatives - Current and Previous Roommates and Neighbors - Liens etc. is that really necessary? :bugeye:

People can already run background checks on you through a variety of services. It's even recommended that if you're going to rent to someone, or enter into any sort of long-term contract, that you run a background check on them before finalizing the deal. All of my previous landlords have done that. It helps them ensure they aren't going to be renting to someone with a history of not paying rent or a long criminal record who might destroy the place.

It's also good for checking up on any potential girlfriends or boyfriends. :eek:

Zantra said:
www.zabasearch.com

great if you want to find someone else. But try looking up yourself and see how much comes up. I had every address I've ever lived at come up

Nothing came up about me...but there were a lot of other people with my first and last name and even my middle initial!

Surprising! :bugeye:

Huckleberry said:
It's also good for checking up on any potential girlfriends or boyfriends. :eek:

You mean make sure they don't have a second address where their wife and kids live? :biggrin:

Having a very unique name, my mother/father came right up, and were the only ones.

Being 16 I'm still too young to show up...

But all 4 houses my dad has recently lived in have showed up, rather interesting. I don't think it's really all that bad a thing. These days it's better to be in the system than out, I guess. :uhh:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
You mean make sure they don't have a second address where their wife and kids live? :biggrin:
That could work. Or you could check to see if they were criminally insane, or stole credit cards or some such thing.

A guy I once dated would have women that approached him for dates investigated by a private investigator. He suggested that I do the same.

He was wealthy and had a encountered a few gold diggers. One was the girl he dated before he met me. When I met him he had a restraining order against her. She had been trying to extort money from him. She was a well known gold digger here though. She had been married to a very rich guy here (his company is a household name in the US) and was notorious. She would do her yard work in a string bikini. :rolleyes:

It turns out she was married at one time to my best friend's fiance (I had recently met my best friend, I was new to this town) and my best friend had literally raised her daughter. A couple of years ago the gold digger was convicted of murdering her current wealthy husband and is in prison.

I guess you can't be too careful sometimes. :uhh:

This is like the anti-thread for the romantic moments thread. I'm trying to imagine the progression of thoughts from the point where I would decide I like a person to the point where I would decide to check to see if they had a criminal record. It doesn't seem very romantic, or trusting. Then again, you could wind up married to a husband killing gold digger if you're not careful. :eek:

Huckleberry said:
This is like the anti-thread for the romantic moments thread. I'm trying to imagine the progression of thoughts from the point where I would decide I like a person to the point where I would decide to check to see if they had a criminal record. It doesn't seem very romantic, or trusting. Then again, you could wind up married to a husband killing gold digger if you're not careful. :eek:
Well, if you do it right, even giving your date a lie detector test can be romantic. Mood music, soft candle light. "so, ever killed anyone for money?"

Evo said:
Well, if you do it right, even giving your date a lie detector test can be romantic. Mood music, soft candle light. "so, ever killed anyone for money?"
Yes, but I would save that for at least the third date.

Huckleberry said:
Then again, you could wind up married to a husband killing gold digger if you're not careful. :eek:
A couple times, after mating, I've been startled up from a doze to find a towering preying mantis woman hovering over the bed.

zoobyshoe said:
A couple times, after mating, I've been startled up from a doze to find a towering preying mantis woman hovering over the bed.
I thought the female praying mantis was known for starting to eat her mate even before the deal was completely "done". I swear I read that recently, but I could be wrong.

zoob, we need to discuss where you're hanging out to find these women.

Evo said:
I thought the female praying mantis was known for starting to eat her mate even before the deal was completely "done".
Your facts are accurate. I think these were not your average preying mantis.

I meet these women at a perfectly acceptable, chaperoned monthly mixer held here at the Las Colinas Correctional Facility for Women. There are uniformed guards everywhere. You're saying you don't think I should be passing out cards with my number and address there?

zoobyshoe said:
I meet these women at a perfectly acceptable, chaperoned monthly mixer held here at the Las Colinas Correctional Facility for Women. There are uniformed guards everywhere. You're saying you don't think I should be passing out cards with my number and address there?
Oh, that's fine. I was afraid you might be frequenting sleezy mantis biker bars.

You do know that they have inserted a jellyfish gene into corn so that the crops glow in the dark and can be picked at night?

Evo said:
You do know that they have inserted a jellyfish gene into corn so that the crops glow in the dark and can be picked at night?
I had not heard that. Good idea though. It will make it easier for those who eat the corn to flush at night.

zoobyshoe said:
Evo said:
I thought the female praying mantis was known for starting to eat her mate even before the deal was completely "done". I swear I read that recently, but I could be wrong.

zoob, we need to discuss where you're hanging out to find these women.
Your date's name didn't happen to be Zorak by any chance, did it zooby?
Ahem...

Huckleberry said:
Your date's name didn't happen to be Zorak by any chance, did it zooby?
Ahem...
No. Why? Is there some giant predatory mantis woman named Zorak?

Those bastards don't have me in there yet.

zoobyshoe said:
No. Why? Is there some giant predatory mantis woman named Zorak?
I thought I saw one around here a few weeks ago. I'm certain of it.

Zorak is the "mantis of the apocolypse" and he ate his nephew Raymond.

I don't exist! ahhhhhhh

aww what a downer. I found the first name with my last name of a girl i like :(

Last edited:
Evo said:
Zorak is the "mantis of the apocolypse" and he ate his nephew Raymond.
What's this, a video game?

Evo said:
I thought the female praying mantis was known for starting to eat her mate even before the deal was completely "done".
This isn't one of the religion threads, is it?

Anyhow, what man really keeps his head under such circumstances?

Evo said:
they have inserted a jellyfish gene into corn so that the crops glow in the dark and can be picked at night?
They should insert an electric eel gene while they're at it, so it can pop itself.

edit: That reminds me of the winner of the Liars' Club award some 20 or 30 years ago. The exact wording might vary, but this is as closely as I can remember it:
It got so hot here last summer that all the corn in my neighbour's field popped. That wasn't too bad, but when his cows saw all the popcorn falling around them, they thought it was snowing and they all froze to death. :biggrin:

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
What's this, a video game?
No, it's one of my favorite episodes from Space Ghost Coast to Coast, a cartoon talk show.

Huckleberry said:

That must be why I stay in academics...I'm comfortable, but there's definitely no gold to be dug. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
That must be why I stay in academics...I'm comfortable, but there's definitely no gold to be dug. :rofl:
There's still 'mirkin mining' though. :biggrin:

Danger said:
There's still 'mirkin mining' though. :biggrin:

I don't mind that...as long as they don't stop! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I don't mind that...as long as they don't stop! :biggrin:
I refuse to stoop to the level of mentioning either strip mining or bottomless pits. o:)