1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Waveform revision help.

1. May 19, 2009 #1
    I'm doing some past exam papers to revise for my test on thursday. And I can't work out the last question in this problem.

I worked out the time for one complete cylce is 50 microseconds, and the frequency is 20,000Hz, 1/Time period. I can't work out the last bit though.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I think they are just asking for the sample rate, which is related to the sample period, which they give you. Not sure if it's any more compilcated than that....

4. May 19, 2009 #3
    so its 8bits s-1?

5. May 19, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

No. The problem says, "The waveform is sampled every 1.0us", and then asks for the corresponding information transmission rate or something. The wording is a bit off, but I think they just want to know the frequency of the waveform sampling, which you get from the 1us period number.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook