• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Waveform revision help.

• Thread starter TommyM
  • Start date
I'm doing some past exam papers to revise for my test on thursday. And I can't work out the last question in this problem.

I worked out the time for one complete cylce is 50 microseconds, and the frequency is 20,000Hz, 1/Time period. I can't work out the last bit though.

Attachments

berkeman

Mentor
I'm doing some past exam papers to revise for my test on thursday. And I can't work out the last question in this problem.

I worked out the time for one complete cylce is 50 microseconds, and the frequency is 20,000Hz, 1/Time period. I can't work out the last bit though.
I think they are just asking for the sample rate, which is related to the sample period, which they give you. Not sure if it's any more compilcated than that....

so its 8bits s-1?

berkeman

Mentor
so its 8bits s-1?
No. The problem says, "The waveform is sampled every 1.0us", and then asks for the corresponding information transmission rate or something. The wording is a bit off, but I think they just want to know the frequency of the waveform sampling, which you get from the 1us period number.