1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wavelength modulation/Prism

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1

I'm writting a paper on link aggregation (computer networks) and I've decided to write a little bit on Wavelength modulation, which is the process of directing the light from a fibre optic connection through a prism , down the cable, and then back again through another prism to increase the bandwidth between 2 switches. (sorry if you already know and I'm describing it all wrong!!)

Switch 1--fibre optic interface--prism--cable--prism--fibre optic interface--switch 2

I'm having trouble finding any information on this topic, such as by how much the bandwidth can increase if this was introduced on a 1GB/s connection.

can anyone help me with this matter please?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2
    sorry I just joined quickly and posted, i think this might need to be moved to the Homework Help Forum. :S
  4. Apr 26, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

Can you post a link to some basic info about this technique? I'm not familiar with it...
  5. Apr 29, 2006 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?