We have no resonsibility for the past?

  • Thread starter garytse86
  • Start date
308
0
We have no resonsibility for the past? What do you think about this topic?
 

drag

Science Advisor
1,055
0
Not for your own past (to an extent, since we're not
single particles) but certainly we are responsible for
the past of others and more and more of it(in terms of time)
the farther they are from us.

Live long and prosper.
 
Last edited:

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
41,711
876
Well, first, I don't know what "resonsibility" is!

Assuming you meant "responsibility", wouldn't this be better under "General Discussion" or "Philosophy" than "General Physics"?
 

drag

Science Advisor
1,055
0
I think s/he's talking about "being responsible" for
the past in QM terms. :wink:
 

Tsu

Gold Member
353
63
Re: Re: We have no resonsibility for the past?

Originally posted by drag
Not for your own past (to an extent, since we're not
single particles) but certainly we are responsible for
the past of others and more and more of it(in terms of time)
the farther they are from us.

Live long and prosper.
By this statement, do you mean Americans today are responsible for historically enslaving blacks or taking away the land of Native Americans and forcing them to live on reservations?
 
732
2
Re: Re: Re: We have no resonsibility for the past?

Originally posted by Tsunami
By this statement, do you mean Americans today are responsible for historically enslaving blacks or taking away the land of Native Americans and forcing them to live on reservations?
Woah- huge leap there

by past do you mean everything back to the beginning of time as we know it?
 

Tsu

Gold Member
353
63
Re: Re: Re: Re: We have no resonsibility for the past?

Originally posted by Zantra
Woah- huge leap there

by past do you mean everything back to the beginning of time as we know it?
Huge leap where? I guess I thought that, since this is GD forum, we wouldn't be talking about particles or QM, as previously stated. I was just wondering what drag meant by responsiblities of the "past of others and more and more of it(in terms of time)
the farther they are from us." Those were just examples I used to try to clarify the question.
But, I suppose I should be asking "HEY! garytse86!! What the hell do you mean 'responsibilities for the past?"
 
Last edited:

drag

Science Advisor
1,055
0
Greetings !
Originally posted by Tsunami
Huge leap where? I guess I thought that, since this is GD forum, we wouldn't be talking about particles or QM, as previously stated. I was just wondering what drag meant by responsiblities of the "past of others and more and more of it(in terms of time)
the farther they are from us." Those were just examples I used to try to clarify the question.
But, I suppose I should be asking "HEY! garytse86!! What the hell do you mean 'responsibilities of the past?"
What drag meant is to respond to a thread posted in
the general physics forum, but someone's been "overmentoring"
and this is the result. :wink:
Originally posted by Tsunami
By this statement, do you mean Americans today are responsible for historically enslaving blacks or taking away the land of Native Americans and forcing them to live on reservations?
Nope, I meant that modern humans are responsible for destroying
wild life and terminating many spieces of plants and animals
thus presenting no responsibility and respect for the life on
their planet and their own sources.

Live long and prosper.
 

Tsu

Gold Member
353
63
Originally posted by drag
Greetings !

What drag meant is to respond to a thread posted in
the general physics forum, but someone's been "overmentoring"
and this is the result. :wink:

Nope, I meant that modern humans are responsible for destroying
wild life and terminating many spieces of plants and animals
thus presenting no responsibility and respect for the life on
their planet and their own sources.

Live long and prosper.
Ah. Well, that makes a HECK of a lot more sense! And I agree wholeheartedly. We must have more respect and take more responsibility to protect our fragile ecosystems. But I fear it may just be too late.
 

Related Threads for: We have no resonsibility for the past?

Replies
8
Views
11K
Replies
17
Views
3K
Replies
2
Views
5K
  • Posted
Replies
9
Views
2K
Replies
2
Views
3K
Replies
33
Views
14K
  • Posted
Replies
4
Views
4K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top