Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

We Need More Product Warnings

1. Oct 28, 2007 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2007 #2
    PLEASE NOTE
    Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.:rofl::rofl::rofl::approve:

4. Oct 29, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That was my favorite.

5. Oct 29, 2007 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I think these would be a lot wittier if they didn't spell out the joke in minute detail. Good humour is that which causes you to arrive at the punchline yourself.

The first one does this nicely:
    WARNING - This Product Warps Space and Time in Its Vicinity.

The fifth one should simply be:
    CONSUMER NOTICE - It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

And the sixth one:
    ADVISORY - There is an Extremely Small but Nonzero Chance That This Product May Spontaneously Disappear from Its Present Location and Reappear at Any Random Place in the Universe, The Manufacturer Will Not Be Responsible for Any Damages or Inconvenience That May Result.

6. Oct 29, 2007 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That's why you can tell these were written by real nerds, they can't keep it simple. :biggrin:

7. Oct 29, 2007 #6

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This one may actually really scare some people if they don't understand E=mc^2:

CAUTION
    The Mass of This Product Contains the Energy Equivalent of 85 Million Tons of TNT per Net Ounce of Weight.

8. Oct 29, 2007 #7
    I would love to see that on a bottle of water.

9. Oct 29, 2007 #8

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

LOL!
    My favorite warning lable

Warning: Do not read warning lables while operating product.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?