Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

We shall not continue!

1. Nov 18, 2005 #1
    Weapons not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed tha war canibal animal
    I walk tha corner to tha rubble that used to be a
    Library
    Line up to tha mind cemetery
    What we don’t know keeps tha contracts alive an
    Movin’
    They don’t gotta burn tha books they just remove ’em
    While arms warehouses fill as quick as tha cells
    Rally round tha family, pockets full of shells
    Rally round tha family
    With pockets full of shells

How long can the US go on battering the world? It is time for change in the US and the UK? The pentagon is an arms dealership!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2005 #2

ranger

Gold Member

Please elaborate on the topic of "battering." Sorry I am ignorant.

4. Nov 18, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

It means being scolded when we don't intervene and when we do intervene in foreign affairs. No win situation. Too much anti-american propoganda.

5. Nov 18, 2005 #4
    ie bombing and generally menacing. As does the pentagon. General usage= killing people

6. Nov 18, 2005 #5
    murder, or state sponsored massacre or terror, its all the same

7. Nov 18, 2005 #6
    ie,inhuman brutality.homosapiens are supposed to have humanity.that is something that differentiates us from the primates.it is a terrible pity that the people who wield power make the world feel that they are not eligible even for the post of a humanbeing

8. Nov 18, 2005 #7
    No I think we need a power state reigning over the world...else we would live in a completely without references world...but we always need refering points in society...God bless America, and please don't sleep too much, because it's very frightful, what happens on this planet those years....Moreover, don't forget that military is for some of us a professional activity, and that their first goal is to maintain order, with the help of the force or mass killing if it is needed. It's like, let's take an example : you have no money, how will the state make that people pay. The only mean is to make this person work, for which again the retribution is decided by the state. If you have no employer, then we call this unallowed income....so this is almost the same deadlock...to avoid this, you can sell organ parts of the person having debts he/she cannot reimburse, which happens more often we think. On the other hand, if the state does not act quick enough, the indebted person will put the mistake on the state, and start to kill adnimistration people he/she thinks are guilty for the debt, like reasoning : they choose the prices of food, telecom, rent, oil..aso which makes me having debts, because the state does not know how to adjust salaries to the needs...but it's clear that the person has to adjust lifecost in function of the salary, and not the opposite way.....the killing of debtreminder is obviously not a solution for that bad payer, because those people are really quickly caught in the act.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  9. Nov 19, 2005 #8

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I also think the world needs a leader. We used to have two main powers in the world. The countries that lived under the dominance of one are, for the most part, prosperous, stable, free demcoracies. The countries that lived under the dominance of the other are still recovering from the decades of rape they endured before that empire fell. I think things worked out for the better.

10. Nov 19, 2005 #9
    The problem I think, is in the point of view : we have no choice to make...It's a war/game, and there is a winner, so it is not that we need, it is a fact. We don't choose this, it is fought for, like a kind of natural selection process.

11. Nov 19, 2005 #10
    can you be more specific here? I will guess you are refering to the cold war:

I think you are off the mark. There were two superpowers that much is true, but why do you seem to think that you were dominiering over the free and democratic ones? And by saying this you are impling that it was the US which was the catalyst, of this freedom and prosperity, are u not?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  12. Nov 19, 2005 #11

Astronuc

I already nominated Russ for US President.
    Hmmm. I don't think it was that simple.

Certainly the countries of E. Europe faired poorly under the yoke of the Warsaw pact.

However, countries in the Western Hemisphere, e.g. Chile, Argentina, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, and others faired poorly under dictatorships or oligarchies, which were supported by the US. These countries are hardly prosperous, And look at the Philippines - still a mess politically, and much poverty.

Let's take a look at the US involvement in Chile -
    from Wikipedia

The countries which have done well are those which had minimal influence from US or USSR.

13. Nov 19, 2005 #12
    I'd love to hear you explain that one. Please, go on.

14. Nov 19, 2005 #13

Art

The US sure could do with a good leader.. Once that's in place then you can worry about the rest of the world.

15. Nov 19, 2005 #14

Evo

Yes, I can't believe that we still have three more years under Bush, it's scary. The problem is that for the past few elections there just was no really good candidate for President. The religious fanatics are gaining too much control in the US.

Flotsam, you need to be more specific, a rant is not a topic. What issue, specifically, do you wish to discuss?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?