Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

We South Africans will take it from here

1. Jun 29, 2004 #1
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=594&art_id=vn20040627145152752C495716

Aah, I'm so proud to be South African. Great weather, Friendliest (and hottest people), Madiba, Great scenery, The world's first privately sponsored space tourst, The world's BEST democracy and now we're gonna be the one's "driving" the world (Ja, that pun is quite weak :tongue2: )

Anyhows, it seems that since the world is moving to Hydrogen fuel cells for cars, Platinum catalysts will be in high demand AND WE GIT 86%-odd of the worlds Pt. Woohooo!!!

Enough bragging here - nice article to read though - kinda points us in the direction the worlds gonna go. I'm thinking that some world super power will be "colonising" us in 50 years time. Oh well!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2004 #2
    I wonder when we can expect to see the bad press saying SA is a dehumanising dictatorship and needs to be "liberated". :P

4. Jun 29, 2004 #3
    Don't celebrate yet. There seems to be a big problem with the fuel cell technology in automotive applications: they take 5 minutes of driving around in circles to warm up. If they don't overcome this, it's going to kill the fuel cell car.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?