Reviving Social Life at PF: Overcoming Challenges and Building Community

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, it seems that the social life at PF has been declining and members have been forced to socialize in less desirable places. This has led to feelings of demoralization and danger, with members experiencing bruises and disconnects. However, there is some excitement for the upcoming return of PF Chat, with members expressing their enthusiasm and appreciation for Greg's efforts. There is also mention of other projects and responsibilities, but the anticipation for chat remains strong. Despite some concerns, it seems that the majority of members are eagerly anticipating the return of PF Chat and are grateful for Greg's contributions, including his recent photos of Egypt.
Borek
Mentor
Social life at PF goes down. We have to socialize in some low profile places... it is demoralizing and dangerous! We get bruises and disconnects, we feel cheating on PF. It can't last any longer!

Greg, please!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! We have really missed it.

Woo-hoo!

Thanks, Greg.

Thank you Greg, yippee-kay-ay!

And I am writing it only in my own name, not in the name of all those that betrayed me, promising during chat they will post in this thread if I will start it. Now there are crowds thanking for the chat. Phew!

Chickens!

I'm with you, Borek. Didn't notice the thread before. Dedicated chatters like dlgoff, cristo, and Kurdt (and others) will appreciate it too. We won't have to wander over to Phil's place to touch bases on Sundays. Of course, between firewood, garden and other projects, I won't have a lot of time, unless I've been rained-out.

If the forecast doesn't change, I will be on chat not matter what. It is wet, cold, gloomy and they say it won't change till next week.

Thanks Borek for asking. You know I'll be there.

Thanks Greg. We all love you.

YAY BOREK!

YAY Greg!

Welcome back Greg, I've heard you've posted tons of awesome pictures of Egypt on your Facebook.

Greg's online!

Evo said:
Greg's online!
I hope chat's up soon, I need to blow of some steam ...

In the immortal words of Frasier "I'm listening"

I hope Greg didn't forget. After all, he did just get back from Egypt.

Didn't forget, just got to bed at 5am :smile:

1. What is "We want chat back"?

"We want chat back" is a phrase often used by individuals who are expressing their desire for a certain chat feature or platform to be reinstated. It can refer to a specific chat service or to chat functionality in general.

2. Why do people want chat back?

People want chat back because it allows for real-time communication and connection with others. It is a convenient and efficient way to communicate, especially for those who are physically distant from each other.

3. What are some common reasons for chat being removed or discontinued?

Chat may be removed or discontinued for various reasons, such as security concerns, lack of usage or popularity, technical issues, or changes in company policies or priorities.

4. Is there a specific chat service or platform that people want back?

There is no specific chat service or platform that people want back, as the phrase "We want chat back" can refer to any chat feature or platform that has been removed or discontinued.

5. How can people express their desire for chat to be reinstated?

People can express their desire for chat to be reinstated by contacting the company or platform directly, sharing their thoughts on social media, or signing petitions or campaigns advocating for the return of chat features or platforms.