WE WON PF has been nominated for physics.org award

• Praise
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, PF has been nominated for the physics.org award in both the "Best revision site" and "Best Q&A site" categories. Nominations are currently open until October 10th, and the winners will be announced at the end of October. Physics.org is a website run by the outreach team at the Institute of Physics, with the aim to inspire people of all ages about physics and guide them to the best physics resources on the web. Despite not having the same level of traffic as PF, physics.org has connections in the physics community and recognition from them would be beneficial. PF members have put in nominations and are hopeful for a win.

Borek said:
I have a feeling some of the older/professional audience perceives forums as places run by anarchistic teenagers, not a place for a serious discussion, so I am not surprised by the judges verdict.

If the "older/professional" judges voted based on their perceptions, then they've no right calling themselves professionals. It wouldn't take much effort on their part to discover that PF isn't your typical internet forum.

In any case, I'd rather have the people's vote. :approve: I'm proud to be a member of this community. Thank you to all of the mentors, homework helpers, and science advisers!

Physics news on Phys.org

Why did this dumb competition drag PF into it, anyway?

They can keep dealing out their Raspberry&Darwin Awards for all I care..

Last edited:

Congrats Greg and all of the wonderful people who work so hard to make PF such a fantastic site. You guys deserve all of the accolades you get!

GeorginaS said:
Congrats Greg and all of the wonderful people who work so hard to make PF such a fantastic site. You guys deserve all of the accolades you get!
That would be all of the members including you Georgina!

Evo said:
That would be all of the members including you Georgina!

Meh, I get the privilege of coming here and hanging out with some really bright and really funny people. Someone was kind enough to let me in the door. :smile:

GeorginaS said:
Meh, I get the privilege of coming here and hanging out with some really bright and really funny people. Someone was kind enough to let me in the door. :smile:

My thoughts exactly.

Yahaa!
I knew it, though.

I love physics forum, I feel that I can ask any burning question that I have on here and it is often answered or discussed with great enthusiasm, wit and informed thinking.
well done!

Last edited:

If physics.org was serious about this competition, they would contact Greg with the scores he received from different judges under the various criteria for judgment, so he could use the feedback to improve the site. I, personally, would like to see how we scored compared to the other shortlisted sites.

Gokul43201 said:
If physics.org was serious about this competition, they would contact Greg with the scores he received from different judges under the various criteria for judgment, so he could use the feedback to improve the site. I, personally, would like to see how we scored compared to the other shortlisted sites.

It looks as though 4 of the 5 judges were astro/cosmo geeks.
http://www.physics.org/featuredetail.asp?id=56"

Maybe we need to spend more time talking about stars and stuff?

Anyways, if I've said it once, I've said it twice, PF is the only forum worth paying for.

Though I did offer cash money for the archive of Dr. Neutrino after they took it off line. But the professor I contacted said it was deleted. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Hurray! PF is for the people and we won the peoples award! This will look nice in our trophy case :)

Of course we won, I only sent them an e-mail once a week telling them we had better win.