1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weak and strong interaction

1. Jun 10, 2009 #1
    I hope this is the right section for this topic...
    I'm not a student of physics, I actually study engineering, and there's something I've been wondering for a while. I know - more or less - inside and out two of the four "forces" of the universe: gravity and electromagnetism. However, since I never studied nuclear physics or such stuff, I ignore completely how the weak ant strong atomic interactions work. I know they're responsible of nuclear reactions, that weak interaction keeps an atom's nucleus together while the strong one is holding quarks into protons and neutrons, but that's all. I tried to wiki them, but looks like describing how this interactions work implies a lot of difficult math I don't know. So, could please someone explain to me their functioning in a simple way? If such a way exists, of course...

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted