Weak Force Weapon Effects on Wall Elements

In summary, the weak force weapon is a person that uses fictional physics to create a destructive effect.
Lucasterre
Hello, I am a creative scifi writer and i only have basic quantum physics knowledge, if someone could answer my question please.

I was wondering some type of weapon that uses weak force, therefore it would promote distorcions at weaf force field causing interaction with atoms
My question is, if the weapon is direction to a wall for examole, the W+ particles would increase the neutron number at atom nucleus making it unstable and also liberates positrons. While the W- would increase the number of protons and liberate eletrons.
Consideraring that a wall has elements like C, O, H, Si etc. What would be the effects of this weapon at it? I mean the atom nucleus would be unstable and possible break making a chain reaction right? Would the wall explode or just corrode?

Please this is a pure hipothetical question, use your imagination ally with scientifical knowledge to answer it THANKS

Physics news on Phys.org
Lucasterre said:
neutron number at atom nucleus making it unstable and also liberates positrons. While the W- would increase the number of protons and liberate electrons.
Those would self-annihilate in a lethal burst of gamma radiation.Question:

Is there some reason it needs to be scientifically accurate?
How about just go for plausibility?
By definition, your weapon uses fictional physics - why would the effect be less fictional?

Author Larry Niven has a device called a Slaver Digger. It has two barrels: one fires a beam that suppresses the +ive charge of protons, causing atoms to tear themselves to pieces - the other fires a beam that suppresses -ive charge of electrons, with similar effect. Don't pull both triggers at the time though - or you get current flow.

That's all the explanation he gives. How it works is outside the scope pf the story (not to mention outside the scope of current science).

Likes Lren Zvsm and mcastillo356
Amazing Thank you for the answer.
I try to put my whole story in scientific basis, since the big learning point of my comics is that to the racional mind nothing is inexplained only unexplained. The weak force weapon is actually a person, i based it in how some electric eel are capable of creating eletromagnetic fields using specific type of muscular cells and i have a character that does control eletromagnetism this way, with special muscle adapted cells. The same way for other 3 caracters each one with one of the four fundamental forces. Really fun to play with the concept of verifed quantum physics, biology and fantasy. The guy who controls strong force can break the gluon force between quark making everything into fine quarkpair dust, almost like the weapon you said just different ways.

But hey in case the guy uses only W+ in a wall, could you expect a violent physics response? Just so fun to imagine, thanks man

1. What is the weak force weapon?

The weak force weapon is a type of weapon that uses the weak nuclear force, one of the four fundamental forces of nature, to cause damage to its target.

2. How does the weak force weapon affect wall elements?

The weak force weapon can cause damage to wall elements by breaking the bonds between atoms, leading to structural damage and potential collapse.

3. Are all wall elements equally affected by the weak force weapon?

No, the effects of the weak force weapon on wall elements may vary depending on the material and composition of the wall. Some materials may be more resistant to the weapon's effects than others.

4. Can the weak force weapon be shielded or protected against?

Yes, certain materials and structures can be designed to shield against the weak force weapon. However, the level of protection may vary depending on the strength and proximity of the weapon.

5. Are there any long-term effects of the weak force weapon on wall elements?

Yes, the weak force weapon can cause long-term damage to wall elements, such as weakening the structural integrity and increasing the risk of collapse over time.