1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Web based physics degree

1. Aug 19, 2005 #1
    I currently work in a completly unrelated field and ma not interested in a career change. I graduated from UF with a bachelors and masters in management. There is still a huge void I am feeling these days that I never took my love for physics seriously enough. I would like to take some physics courses and possibly get a degree or certificate from some institution. Are there any accredited or non-accredited physics courses or degrees I can take completly online? If there are please email me directly with any information or respond here. Its obviously easier to get me at my personal email.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2005 #2
    Uh, no. You sign up to a forum, you come here to read replies. That's the way it works. =S

I doubt there will be any good courses. A part of physics are labs. Those need to be done in groups and with materials. Kinda hard to do it over the net.

4. Aug 19, 2005 #3
    You can't do any of the natural sciences of engineering online. Too much of it involves labs. If you do find an online physics program it won't be accredited.
  5. Aug 19, 2005 #4
    Yep. I think labs are almost as important as the classes. I know there would be some stuff I couldn't quite grasp during the lectures. Then I would make the lab the next day and see how obvious the material was.

I think most science majors would be not worth it to do online.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?