Web browser features and functions you would like to see or more of

In summary, the conversation covered various topics related to web browsers and their features. The participants discussed the possibility of naming windows and having a close tab button on every tab, as well as the advantages of having a built-in customizable RSS reader. They also mentioned the importance of free and open standards for web browsers and the benefits of using Firefox with its extensions. The conversation also touched on the limitations of using AOL's software and the preference for other browsers such as Opera.
Mk
I would like to name my windows if I could displace tabs.

I think there should be user preferences to have a close tab button on every tab.

Built-in customizable RSS reader.
Free beer.

Computer science news on Phys.org
How about full CSS2 support in IE?

Mk, Firefox does all of that with extensions and it is all free as in freedom and free as in beer. What else do you want?

Tabbed browsing - ip lookup - security...oh wait i have firefox!

I just want IE and all web browsers to use free and open standards so that anyone with a computer and a web browser can access any site they want.

I said I would like to see more of it, in more browsers.

Besides, Firefox on Mac OS X isn't near as good as on Windows.

I had Opera and really liked it. Opera as I understand it is very similar to Firefox, but I haven't tried Firefox. Unfortunately, I'm on AOL right now. Why use another browser if aol's going to waste my bandwidth on their software that I don't even want on this computer (obviously not mine, or there would be no aol)?

1. What are some new features that could make web browsing easier?

Some potential features that could improve web browsing include a built-in translator for foreign websites, a customizable interface for easier navigation, and a dark mode option for reduced eye strain.

2. Can I have more control over my privacy while using a web browser?

Yes, many web browsers offer privacy settings that allow you to block cookies and trackers, use a private browsing mode, and clear your browsing history and data.

3. How can I save time while browsing the web?

Some time-saving features that you may want to see in a web browser include the ability to save and organize bookmarks, use keyboard shortcuts for common actions, and open multiple tabs or windows at once.

4. Can a web browser help me stay organized?

Yes, many web browsers offer features that can help you stay organized, such as the ability to save and organize bookmarks, create and manage multiple user profiles, and use tabs and bookmarks to keep track of important websites.

5. Are there any accessibility features available in web browsers?

Yes, many web browsers offer accessibility features such as text-to-speech options, keyboard navigation, and color contrast adjustments for users with visual impairments. Some browsers also allow for the installation of additional accessibility extensions.