Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Web Browser

1. Sep 30, 2005 #1
    Firefox, INternet Explorer, Netscape, MSN. AOL what kind of web browser do you use?

I prefer firefox

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2005 #2
    You forgot Opera, which is another good one.

I use Firefox as well. Currently I am using the 1.5 beta 1 which is awesome!

Anyone who uses IE is either stupid or ignorant, imo.

4. Sep 30, 2005 #3
    Or maybe they just don't care.

5. Sep 30, 2005 #4
    Well if they don't care then they are still either stupid or ignorant. If they know how bad IE is but don't do anything about it, then they are stupid. If they don't know how bad IE is, then they are ignorant.

6. Sep 30, 2005 #5

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Firefox with some of its extensions are great.
    There are some instances when I prefer to use "lynx".

7. Sep 30, 2005 #6
    eLinks is good too if you have Linux. Much faster than Firefox.

8. Sep 30, 2005 #7

ranger

Gold Member

Its a text browser thats why, It doesnt have to put up with images and that stuff.

9. Sep 30, 2005 #8

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

10. Sep 30, 2005 #9
    Of course. But if you are visiting a page without pictures, why not?

11. Sep 30, 2005 #10
    Safari is my preferred browser, but when I am using my Windows machine, I use Firefox, and ONLY use IE if I am testing a website I am developing.

12. Sep 30, 2005 #11

I guess im ignorant cause i dont quite know Y IE is so bad. haha. But i dont sue it i hate it. I alwyas get more pop ups and it just seems slower. I hate netscape too.

13. Sep 30, 2005 #12
    You always get pop ups and it is slower, that seems reason enough to not use it to me :smile: There are also plenty of security problems with IE, and firefox has a lot more features and is insanely customizable compared to IE.

14. Oct 1, 2005 #13

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Ha ha! That's awesome, like translating heiroglyphics.

Anyway, I'm also using Safari, like ComputerGeek. I have Firefox and Opera installed, but don't use them much.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  15. Oct 2, 2005 #14

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Well, now I'm using Lynx. I suppose it is somewhat faster, and I finally got my wish: no smilies!

16. Oct 2, 2005 #15
    I am sure that if you use Adblock with Firefox you can block out all the smilies.

17. Oct 14, 2005 #16
    For most of my surfing, I use Firefox.
    For the odd time when I suspect a page only works in IE, I use Maxthon (an add-on to IE that allows tabbed browsing and pop-up blocking).
    I also run Opera when testing my webpages.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?