What web browser do you use?

• Thread starter blimkie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Web
In summary: I don't really like it, but it is a good browser.In summary, Firefox is the web browser I use most often. I also use IE when I suspect a page only works in it, and Opera when testing my pages.
blimkie
Firefox, INternet Explorer, Netscape, MSN. AOL what kind of web browser do you use?

I prefer firefox

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
You forgot Opera, which is another good one.

I use Firefox as well. Currently I am using the 1.5 beta 1 which is awesome!

Anyone who uses IE is either stupid or ignorant, imo.

mattmns said:
Anyone who uses IE is either stupid or ignorant, imo.
Or maybe they just don't care.

Well if they don't care then they are still either stupid or ignorant. If they know how bad IE is but don't do anything about it, then they are stupid. If they don't know how bad IE is, then they are ignorant.

Firefox with some of its extensions are great.
There are some instances when I prefer to use "lynx".

eLinks is good too if you have Linux. Much faster than Firefox.

apmcavoy said:
eLinks is good too if you have Linux. Much faster than Firefox.

Its a text browser that's why, It doesn't have to put up with images and that stuff.

ranger said:
Its a text browser that's why, It doesn't have to put up with images and that stuff.

Of course. But if you are visiting a page without pictures, why not?

blimkie said:
Firefox, INternet Explorer, Netscape, MSN. AOL what kind of web browser do you use?

I prefer firefox

Safari is my preferred browser, but when I am using my Windows machine, I use Firefox, and ONLY use IE if I am testing a website I am developing.

mattmns said:
Well if they don't care then they are still either stupid or ignorant. If they know how bad IE is but don't do anything about it, then they are stupid. If they don't know how bad IE is, then they are ignorant.

I guess I am ignorant cause i don't quite know Y IE is so bad. haha. But i don't sue it i hate it. I alwyas get more pop ups and it just seems slower. I hate netscape too.

You always get pop ups and it is slower, that seems reason enough to not use it to me :smile: There are also plenty of security problems with IE, and firefox has a lot more features and is insanely customizable compared to IE.

dduardo said:
Real men use wget and parse html in their head.

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

Ha ha! That's awesome, like translating heiroglyphics.

Anyway, I'm also using Safari, like ComputerGeek. I have Firefox and Opera installed, but don't use them much.

Last edited:
Well, now I'm using Lynx. I suppose it is somewhat faster, and I finally got my wish: no smilies!

I am sure that if you use Adblock with Firefox you can block out all the smilies.

For most of my surfing, I use Firefox.
For the odd time when I suspect a page only works in IE, I use Maxthon (an add-on to IE that allows tabbed browsing and pop-up blocking).
I also run Opera when testing my webpages.

1. What is the best web browser to use?

The best web browser to use depends on personal preference and what features are important to the user. Some popular options include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.

2. Is it important to regularly update my web browser?

Yes, it is important to regularly update your web browser. Updates often include security patches and bug fixes that can improve your browsing experience and protect your personal information.

3. Can I use multiple web browsers on my computer?

Yes, you can use multiple web browsers on your computer. This can be useful for testing website compatibility or simply having different options for different tasks.

4. How do I clear my browser's cache and cookies?

The process for clearing your browser's cache and cookies varies depending on the web browser you are using. Generally, you can find the option in the browser's settings or preferences menu. You can also search for specific instructions online.

5. Is it possible to change my default web browser?

Yes, it is possible to change your default web browser. This can be done through your computer's settings or through the settings within each individual web browser.