Solve Magnetic Field Force & Velocity Problems: WebAssign Homework

• Thread starter sachemeast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the student is looking for a formula to solve a problem in which they have been unsuccessful finding a step-by-step solution.
sachemeast

please help asap thanks much appreciated

An electron travels at a speed of 4.80 104 m/s through a uniform magnetic field whose magnitude is 1.90 10-3T. What is the magnitude of the magnetic force on the electron if its velocity and the magnetic field are oriented as follows?

(a) perpendicular to each other

(b) at an angle of 59° to each other

(c) parallel to each other

A wire that is 1.40 m long and carrying a current of 10.0 A is at right angles to a uniform magnetic field. The force acting on the wire is 0.55 N. What is the strength of the magnetic field?

A wire that is 0.45 m long and carrying a current of 8.7 A is at right angles to a uniform magnetic field. The force on the wire is 0.40 N. What is the strength of the magnetic field?

The current through a wire 0.75 m long is 5.0 A. The wire is perpendicular to a 0.51 T magnetic field. What is the magnitude of the force on the wire?

The force acting on a wire that is at right angles to a(n) 0.80 T magnetic field is 3.9 N. The current in the wire is 8.3 A. How long is the wire?

A beam of electrons moves at right angles to a magnetic field of 5.1 10-2 T. The electrons have a velocity of 2.5 106 m/s. What is the magnitude of the force on each electron?

A muon (a particle with the same charge as an electron) is traveling at 4.22 107 m/s at right angles to a magnetic field. The muon experiences a force of 4.60 10-12 N. How strong is the field?

A singly ionized particle experiences a force of 4.5 10-13 N when it travels at right angles through a 0.67 T magnetic field. What is the velocity of the particle?

A beta particle (high-speed electron) is traveling at right angles to a 0.48 T magnetic field. It has a speed of 2.5 107 m/s. What size force acts on the particle?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. I suppose you didn't notice the bold text when you made the new post, but it's not there for nothing. Nor will we give the answers for nothing. In other words: please show us what you have already done / are your ideas on the subject.

see that's the thing i got this homework today which is due tommorow and he did not teach it yet so i do not know what to do. Formulas or steps would be appreciated i do not need answers just how to do them

Your textbook must have sections that describe:

1. The formula for the force on a charged particle moving through a magnetic field.

2. The formula for the force on a straight current-carrying wire in a magnetic field.

wow thanks for nothing this forum is supposed to help you understand the problems you don't understand i do not undewrstand those so i posted them asking for a formula. i did not ask you to do them. So it takes the whole day and then in the morning, this morning, my friend gives it to me. F = BVqSin that's alkl you guys could have said. well thanks for nothing and i don't think ill be posting here again. ill probably have better lucky on yahoo answers unfortunately. pz 1

Yeah - i stumbled upon this page concerning a question i had about this problem too. Like the one who posted, i don't need a "babystep" walkthrough, nor just the flat answer. After about 30-40 minutes of getting nowhere, i try to find the solution online. I just basically want to know if i should be trying to change speed to velocity.

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is a region in space where magnetic forces can be detected. It is created by moving electric charges, such as electrons, and can be visualized as a series of lines representing the direction and strength of the magnetic force.

2. How do you calculate the force exerted by a magnetic field on a charged particle?

The force exerted by a magnetic field on a charged particle can be calculated using the formula F = qvBsinθ, where q is the charge of the particle, v is its velocity, B is the strength of the magnetic field, and θ is the angle between the velocity and the magnetic field.

3. What is the relationship between magnetic field strength and velocity of a charged particle?

The strength of the magnetic field and the velocity of a charged particle have a direct relationship. As the velocity of the particle increases, the force exerted by the magnetic field also increases, resulting in a stronger magnetic field.

4. How do you use WebAssign to solve magnetic field force and velocity problems?

To solve magnetic field force and velocity problems using WebAssign, you will need to use the provided formula and plug in the given values for charge, velocity, and magnetic field. Make sure to pay attention to units and use the correct formula for the given scenario.

5. Can WebAssign be used to solve more complex magnetic field problems?

Yes, WebAssign can be used to solve a variety of complex magnetic field problems. It provides a platform for inputting equations and solving for unknown variables, making it a useful tool for tackling more challenging problems in the field of magnetism.