1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Webhosting Suggestions

1. Sep 22, 2005 #1
    I know I posted a thread like this one a while back, but I'm finally ready to make my own website and pay for it. I've done a lot of research on my own, but I would love to hear your suggestions for great web hosting services. I need medium storage and bandwith with PHP and MySQL capabilities.

Thanks,
    Jameson

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2005 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

What about hosting the website on your own computer? It isn't all that difficult.

4. Sep 22, 2005 #3
    try www.bigbytes.net, they offer the some of the cheapest webhosting packages with php/mysql support. How come they are so cheap? They oversell. As much as overselling might sound like a bad thing I have not had any problems with their service. you can also do what dduardo recommended but just don't use IIS.

5. Sep 22, 2005 #4
    I tried that route with the Apache server on Linux. The configuration of PHP, MySQL, and Apache were not in a nice GUI interface that I'm used to. :grumpy: So I think hosting on another server is the best option.

Also, if I were to run a forum site similar to this one, how much space would you recommend?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?