Webhosting Suggestions

• Thread starter Jameson
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I know I posted a thread like this one a while back, but I'm finally ready to make my own website and pay for it. I've done a lot of research on my own, but I would love to hear your suggestions for great web hosting services. I need medium storage and bandwith with PHP and MySQL capabilities.

Thanks,
Jameson

Answers and Replies

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
What about hosting the website on your own computer? It isn't all that difficult.

try www.bigbytes.net, they offer the some of the cheapest webhosting packages with php/mysql support. How come they are so cheap? They oversell. As much as overselling might sound like a bad thing I have not had any problems with their service. you can also do what dduardo recommended but just don't use IIS.

dduardo said:
What about hosting the website on your own computer? It isn't all that difficult.
I tried that route with the Apache server on Linux. The configuration of PHP, MySQL, and Apache were not in a nice GUI interface that I'm used to. :grumpy: So I think hosting on another server is the best option.

Also, if I were to run a forum site similar to this one, how much space would you recommend?

Last edited: