I Website for integration?

George Keeling

Gold Member
Summary
I am looking for a website that can do integration. Why bother with books in this day and age?
I remember being given a ghastly book of integrals to learn when I was about 16. I went to sleep. Apparently the first book of integrals was published by Meier Hirsch in 1810. There have been many more since then. Surely with the invention of the internet there is something better? Symbolab has a bash at it and it sort of accepts Latex as input. I heard that CERN have great equation solvers (including integrals I would hope) but I cannot find them. Where is the great equation solver (better than Symbolab and preferably takes latex input) please?

Or should I just give my problems to somebody like Buffu
Are there books that are solely devoted to solving integrals and different methods in solving them ? I like solving integrals and I want to learn different techniques to solve integrals.

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It looks as if you are after 'symbolic integration' ?
Nothing to do with equation solving.
Know Wolframalpha ?

Math_QED

Science Advisor
Homework Helper

I also recommend the book "Inside interesting integrals".

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Have a look on
and write me a message if you found a better one, please.

George Keeling

Gold Member
It looks as if you are after 'symbolic integration' ?
I suppose I am after symbolic integration. Wolfram and integral-calculator both look interesting.
integral-calculator said that the
junk.png

looks plausible and it defeated Symbolab completely. I also love the way integral-calculator shows what the formula is that you are typing. I am checking the answer. But have to go cook. Report back tomorrow.

George Keeling

Gold Member
After a refreshing nights sleep I declare the above integral is correct. Differentiation of the result produced a lot of junk which factorised and cancelled beautifully. There's also a sister site at derivative-calculator.net which I anticipate using. fresh_42's list is great and I liked it.

George Keeling

Gold Member
Have a look on
and write me a message if you found a better one, please.
Hi, thanks for that page. You might want to add Symbolab which has reminded me of some (symbolic) trig identities and derivative-calculator.net

Forget about websites, use Mathematica

George Keeling

Gold Member
Forget about websites, use Mathematica
It was in German to begin with (I live in Berlin). Here's the English one if anyone needs that. Looks interesting but quite a mouthful. I will study it later.