Is There a Better Way to Solve Integrals Than Symbolab and Mathematica?

• I
  • Thread starter George Keeling
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary,I remember being given a ghastly book of integrals to learn when I was about 16. I went to sleep. Apparently the first book of integrals was published by Meier Hirsch in 1810. There have been many more since then. Surely with the invention of the internet there is something better? Symbolab has a bash at it and it sort of accepts Latex as input. I heard that CERN have great equation solvers (including integrals I would hope) but I cannot find them. Where is the great equation solver (better than Symbolab and preferably takes latex input) please?
George Keeling
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
I am looking for a website that can do integration. Why bother with books in this day and age?
I remember being given a ghastly book of integrals to learn when I was about 16. I went to sleep. Apparently the first book of integrals was published by Meier Hirsch in 1810. There have been many more since then. Surely with the invention of the internet there is something better? Symbolab has a bash at it and it sort of accepts Latex as input. I heard that CERN have great equation solvers (including integrals I would hope) but I cannot find them. Where is the great equation solver (better than Symbolab and preferably takes latex input) please?

Or should I just give my problems to somebody like Buffu
Buffu said:
Are there books that are solely devoted to solving integrals and different methods in solving them ? I like solving integrals and I want to learn different techniques to solve integrals.

Physics news on Phys.org
It looks as if you are after 'symbolic integration' ?
Nothing to do with equation solving.
Know Wolframalpha ?

Likes George Keeling
  • Love
Likes {???} and George Keeling
BvU said:
It looks as if you are after 'symbolic integration' ?
I suppose I am after symbolic integration. Wolfram and integral-calculator both look interesting.
integral-calculator said that the
junk.png

looks plausible and it defeated Symbolab completely. I also love the way integral-calculator shows what the formula is that you are typing. I am checking the answer. But have to go cook. Report back tomorrow.

Likes member 587159
After a refreshing nights sleep I declare the above integral is correct. Differentiation of the result produced a lot of junk which factorised and canceled beautifully. There's also a sister site at derivative-calculator.net which I anticipate using. fresh_42's list is great and I liked it.

Forget about websites, use Mathematica

HomogenousCow said:
Forget about websites, use Mathematica
It was in German to begin with (I live in Berlin). Here's the http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/index.en.html if anyone needs that. Looks interesting but quite a mouthful. I will study it later.

1. What is a website for integration?

A website for integration is a platform that allows different systems, applications, or websites to communicate and share data with each other. It acts as a central hub for connecting and streamlining various processes and workflows.

2. How does a website for integration work?

A website for integration uses APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to facilitate the exchange of data between different systems. APIs act as messengers, allowing different applications to communicate and share information in a standardized and secure way.

3. What are the benefits of using a website for integration?

There are several benefits of using a website for integration, including improved efficiency and productivity, reduced manual work, enhanced data accuracy, and increased flexibility to connect with various systems and applications.

4. What types of integrations can be achieved with a website for integration?

A website for integration can achieve various types of integrations, such as data integration, application integration, cloud integration, and business process integration. It can also connect different types of systems, such as CRM, ERP, e-commerce, and marketing automation platforms.

5. Is a website for integration suitable for all businesses?

Yes, a website for integration can benefit businesses of all sizes and industries. It can help streamline processes, reduce costs, and improve overall efficiency, making it a valuable tool for any organization looking to optimize their operations and data management.