Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wedding Album

1. Mar 21, 2010 #1
    Recently Borek posted a wedding picture and I was determined to add mine. Technical difficulties prevailed. However, I have found a smaller version and am able to post it now. I went to his thread to add it, but I decided that it wasn't really about his wedding, it was about his anniversary. So rather than barge in on it, I am starting my own and inviting all to barge freely. Post 'em if you got 'em. Our wedding was in May, 1989, we think. Trying to remember the exact date is still a hot topic of conversation. Mei Dash Ling and I met in Japan. We weren't actually married on the day these photos were taken. In Taiwan, you buy a wedding package that includes rental of three dresses and 20 or so posed photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pT9LpGAJraE1oy_qXF7zSw?feat=directlink" [Broken]

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qnf35B-Wa_6ADRlFRHZZ3Q?feat=directlink" [Broken]

Apparently it is a tradition with this photo studio, and perhaps in all Taiwan, to pose for a picture of the husband teaching his bride the Chinese characters. It was a great effort on my part to get her to understand her own language.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2010 #2
    I can't see them. Its asking me to log in to Geni.

4. Mar 25, 2010 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I can't see them either.

5. Mar 25, 2010 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, those are great!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Mar 29, 2010 #5
    Awe, they are both really great pics!

7. Mar 30, 2010 #6

Borek

Marzena said you were cute.

8. Mar 30, 2010 #7

Evo

Wow Jimmy is cute!! Your wife is very beautiful.

9. Apr 26, 2010 #8
    Jimmy: such great photos! And we always knew you were a lucky guy!

Here's the only photo from our day that's not too full of glare... obviously there's no professional photographer for us.... and yes, We're both in black suits and YES!, that sign in the background of the county commish's office does say "WARNING! Protected by a killer donkey."

wedding%20resized%20small.jpg

10. Apr 26, 2010 #9
    Looks like everything went off without a hitch (so to speak).

11. Apr 28, 2010 #10
    The photos are just lovely Jimmy, what a great looking couple.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook