Celebrate Your Anniversary! 19th & Beyond

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary: So is mine, when the kids were little and needed a sitter, we'd go get Mexican, then stop at the bowling alley for a couple of frames and still be back before 9. Matter a fact,...
Jimmy Snyder
Today is my 19th wedding anniversary. And just by coincidence, it is also my wife's. It's our first 19th anniversary, so I'm getting her paper. She says no problem as long as she can spend it. Then we head out to gurgitate some fancy chow. I told her that for our 100th anniversary I would get her a diamond and a microscope. She said that if I want to make it past 19 I'll get her a diamond and a wheelbarrow. How will you celebrate your anniversary?

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Anniversary, Jimmy and Mrs. Snyder.
W and I don't have an anniversary, since we're not legally married. I've been thinking about asking our landlady what date I put my name on the lease and using that, but I have enough trouble trying to keep track of birthdays...

Happy Anniversary...

In a month I come up on 18 years, and this month is 21 years we been together.

How about taking her to the place you first went on a date...We will just go and have a decent dinner, movie and maybe a cup of coffee at Starbucks on the way home.

November will be the 25th anniversary of my first divorce.

Evo said:

So your were... what... -30 when you got married? :confused:
That's taking embryonic stem cell research a little too far... :uhh:

Last edited:
Danger said:

don't use negatives around women----they never forget

Danger said:
That's taking embryonic stem cell research a little too far... :uhh:
I was a child bride.

rewebster said:
don't use negatives around women----they never forget

No, you twit... that was a compliment. She's obviously not old enough to have been divorced fotr 25 years. :rolleyes:

Dr Transport said:
Happy Anniversary...

In a month I come up on 18 years, and this month is 21 years we been together.

How about taking her to the place you first went on a date...We will just go and have a decent dinner, movie and maybe a cup of coffee at Starbucks on the way home.
These are good ideas. Have a happy one.

We were friends for a long time before we got married, so I can't pinpoint when our going places together turned into going on dates. Besides, we met in Tokyo so it's difficult to go back to the old haunts. If I could, I would take her back to the botanical gardens there. We did have some great times.

We did go out for dinner though. I asked her to pick her favorite place to eat and she went for Vietnamese noodles, very cheap by 'anniversary' standards, but she always was a cheap date. When we got to the noodle house, she changed her mind and we ended up in a Thai restaurant which we both panned. Good, says she, we won't ever have to go back there. We didn't see a movie, but my daughter just started working at the local multiplex so we get a discount. We decided to take advantage in order to see Indiana Jones when it comes out in a couple of weeks. I don't drink coffee, but my wife does and we did indeed stop at Dunkin' Donuts, to get her favorite coffee. I can't wait til next year.

Evo said:
How will you celebrate? I suggest dinner at an intimate hot-dog stand. You can throw a cup of soda in his face for dramatic effect.

jimmysnyder said:
Today is my 19th wedding anniversary. And just by coincidence, it is also my wife's. It's our first 19th anniversary, so I'm getting her paper. She says no problem as long as she can spend it. Then we head out to gurgitate some fancy chow. I told her that for our 100th anniversary I would get her a diamond and a microscope. She said that if I want to make it past 19 I'll get her a diamond and a wheelbarrow. How will you celebrate your anniversary?
Congrats js.

Um - the 75th is the diamond anniversary. For the 100th, you'll have to get something more exotic, like Dark Matter.

Astronuc said:
Congrats js.

Um - the 75th is the diamond anniversary. For the 100th, you'll have to get something more exotic, like Dark Matter.
We are dark matter. Given your profession though, perhaps you are not. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what I can get away with.

Well done jimmysnyder, i do not know how you guys do it, i can only imagine there is some kind of special bond that keeps a man tied to a wo man for so long.

jimmysnyder said:
...but she always was a cheap date...

So is mine, when the kids were little and needed a sitter, we'd go get Mexican, then stop at the bowling alley for a couple of frames and still be back before 9. Matter a fact, the last sitter we used would sit for free because we were home so early and she could go out after...

wolram said:
there is some kind of special bond that keeps a man tied to a wo man for so long.

I'm starting to suspect that I know why you're alone. If you consider a relationship as being 'tied to a woman', there's something wrong. There are mutual ties, of course, but you make it sound as if she's an anvil around your neck.

Danger said:
No, you twit... that was a compliment. She's obviously not old enough to have been divorced fotr 25 years. :rolleyes:

During chat Evo told us she was 5 when she gave birth to her now 23 yo daughter, that makes her 28. It just means she had no children with her first housband and she divorced first at 3 :rofl:

Congrats js.

We will celebrate 24th in November, but we already have 25th celebrated. About 10 years ago we summed marriage times of three couples and we gave a combined 25th anniversary party :smile:

Last edited:
Borek said:
During chat Evo told us she was 5 when she gave birth to her now 23 yo daughter, that makes her 28. It just means she had no children with her first housband and she divorced first at 3 :rofl:

Have you looked at her photos? Any 28-year-old that I know would kill to look that good.

What is the significance of celebrating an anniversary?

Celebrating an anniversary is a way to honor and commemorate a special event or milestone, such as a marriage or the founding of a company. It allows individuals or groups to reflect on their journey and achievements, and to express gratitude and love for one another.

What are some unique ways to celebrate a 19th anniversary?

Some unique ways to celebrate a 19th anniversary could include planning a trip to a place that holds special meaning for the couple, recreating their first date, renewing their vows, or doing an activity they both enjoy, such as a cooking class or outdoor adventure.

What is the traditional gift for a 19th anniversary?

The traditional gift for a 19th anniversary is bronze. Bronze symbolizes strength, durability, and beauty, making it a fitting representation of a long-lasting relationship.

What are some modern gift ideas for a 19th anniversary?

Modern gift ideas for a 19th anniversary could include appliances, furniture, or home decor made of bronze or in a bronze color palette. Other ideas could include a personalized bronze piece of jewelry, a bronze sculpture, or a bronze photo frame with a meaningful picture.

Why is it important to continue celebrating anniversaries after many years?

Continuing to celebrate anniversaries after many years is important because it helps to strengthen the bond between individuals or groups, reminds them of the reasons why they chose to be together, and can bring new excitement and joy to the relationship. It also serves as a way to acknowledge and appreciate the growth and changes that have occurred over time.