Help with Wedding Gift for my Best Friend's Big Day

• Thread starter spender
  • Start date
In summary: Your cat is displaying classic signs of stress or anxiety due to its relationship with its mother. If you don't know, ask your cat's owner how the cat was treated by it's mother.
spender
My best friend is getting married and he send me invitation to come to the wedding,unfortunatelly I just can't come.My question: is it required to send some sort of gift to them or not?
I was thinking to send them few hundred bucks but I'm not sure.Please help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wedding gifts are not required. If you wish to send your friend a gift, that is entirely up to you, as is the amount you choose to spend on it.

Is this the PF Sista Hood Advice column?

Um, my cat seems to have become sort of confused or something... Sometimes she acts like herself and sometimes she acts like some other cat. What should I do?

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Tsu said:
Is this the PF Sista Hood Advice column?

You people scare sometimes. Not always, but on occasion.

OK, then!11 That's good!1 Our job is done here!111 :biggrin: :rofl:

spender said:
My best friend is getting married and he send me invitation to come to the wedding,unfortunatelly I just can't come.My question: is it required to send some sort of gift to them or not?
I was thinking to send them few hundred bucks but I'm not sure.Please help me.

the best thing i received as a wedding gift was a very fine bottle of champaigne and two champaigne glasses with hearts etched in them...since we married on the beach, we drank it late at night on the sand...it wasn't just the gift, but the memory we made with the gift.

Kerrie said:
the best thing i received as a wedding gift was a very fine bottle of champaigne and two champaigne glasses with hearts etched in them...since we married on the beach, we drank it late at night on the sand...it wasn't just the gift, but the memory we made with the gift.

That sounds wonderful! Plus, you then have champagne glasses for future celebrations (even if you have to fill them with sparkling cider now :wink:).

I gave a short answer last night, but can elaborate that while it's your choice what to give, if it's for your best friend, it's nice to give a gift that is meaningful to the couple rather than just cash. Kerrie's example is an excellent one of a gift that brings meaningful memories, not just material possessions. Something along similar lines that comes to mind is if you know what restaurant they went to on a first date, or when he proposed, and it was a nice one (not just Olive Garden :wink:), you can get them a gift certificate to the restaurant along with something like a blanket and candle holders/candles for some after dinner romantic snuggling by candlelight.

Nobody's going to help me with my cat problem? :cry:

Tsu said:
Nobody's going to help me with my cat problem? :cry:

Your cat is displaying classical transferance due to stress or anxiety. Tell me, what was the cat's relationship like with it's mother?

I don't know. I think she threw her out of the barn. She doesn't like to talk about it.

1. What is an appropriate amount to spend on a wedding gift for my best friend?

There is no set amount that you should spend on a wedding gift for your best friend. It ultimately depends on your budget and your relationship with the couple. However, a good rule of thumb is to spend enough to cover the cost of your attendance at the wedding.

2. Should I buy a gift from the registry or get something more personal?

It is always a good idea to check the couple's registry first to see if there is anything they specifically want or need. However, if you want to get something more personal, consider adding a small item from the registry to make it more meaningful.

3. Is it okay to give cash as a wedding gift?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to give cash as a wedding gift. In fact, it is becoming more common for couples to request cash instead of physical gifts. Just make sure to put the cash in a card or envelope to make it more presentable.

4. What if I can't afford to buy a wedding gift?

If you cannot afford to buy a wedding gift, do not stress about it. Your presence at the wedding is already a gift in itself. You can also consider giving a heartfelt card or offering to help with any wedding tasks to show your support for the couple.

5. When is the appropriate time to give the wedding gift?

The best time to give the wedding gift is either at the wedding reception or within a month after the wedding. If you are unable to attend the wedding, it is still polite to send a gift within a month of the wedding date.