Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wedding gift

1. Jan 29, 2005 #1
    My best friend is getting married and he send me invitation to come to the wedding,unfortunatelly I just can't come.My question: is it required to send some sort of gift to them or not?
    I was thinking to send them few hundred bucks but I'm not sure.Please help me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wedding gifts are not required. If you wish to send your friend a gift, that is entirely up to you, as is the amount you choose to spend on it.

4. Jan 29, 2005 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

Is this the PF Sista Hood Advice column?

Um, my cat seems to have become sort of confused or something... Sometimes she acts like herself and sometimes she acts like some other cat. What should I do?

5. Jan 29, 2005 #4

Tsu

Gold Member

6. Jan 29, 2005 #5

You people scare sometimes. Not always, but on occasion.

7. Jan 29, 2005 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

OK, then!!11 That's good!1 Our job is done here!!!111 :biggrin: :rofl:

8. Jan 29, 2005 #7

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

the best thing i received as a wedding gift was a very fine bottle of champaigne and two champaigne glasses with hearts etched in them...since we married on the beach, we drank it late at night on the sand...it wasn't just the gift, but the memory we made with the gift.

9. Jan 29, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That sounds wonderful! Plus, you then have champagne glasses for future celebrations (even if you have to fill them with sparkling cider now :wink:).

I gave a short answer last night, but can elaborate that while it's your choice what to give, if it's for your best friend, it's nice to give a gift that is meaningful to the couple rather than just cash. Kerrie's example is an excellent one of a gift that brings meaningful memories, not just material possessions. Something along similar lines that comes to mind is if you know what restaurant they went to on a first date, or when he proposed, and it was a nice one (not just Olive Garden :wink:), you can get them a gift certificate to the restaurant along with something like a blanket and candle holders/candles for some after dinner romantic snuggling by candlelight.

10. Jan 29, 2005 #9

Tsu

Gold Member

Nobody's going to help me with my cat problem? :cry:

11. Jan 29, 2005 #10
    Your cat is displaying classical transferance due to stress or anxiety. Tell me, what was the cat's relationship like with it's mother?

12. Jan 29, 2005 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

I don't know. I think she threw her out of the barn. She doesn't like to talk about it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?