What Should I Be Eating to Burn Fat?

In summary, to lose weight, you should avoid carbohydrates and drink water regularly. Eating salad does not change anything. What else should you be eating?
fredreload
I've been trying to lose weight a few times but each time failed not knowing what to eat. What should I be eating to burn as much fat as possible? I know I should avoid carbohydrates and drink water regularly. Does eating salad changes anything? What else should I be eating? Currently weighing 94kg with a height of 175cm.

Biology news on Phys.org
Dieting is a very complex issue. There was a recent article in Scientific American Mind about how dieting often fails due to the psychology behind it.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-diets-don-t-work-and-what-does/

Having said that leafy salads have zero calories and so would be good to eat. Aspartame-based soda is also zero calories and can fix a soda habit although it appears people still gain weight after a time. However, drinking water in place of a soda is also zero cals without the same side-effects.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/04/saccharin-aspartame-dangers.aspx

None of these references are very scientific and I am not an expert in this field so your best bet is to do some research online and come up with a plan that works for you.

It's not what you "should" be eating, but what you "should not" be eating.

I would argue that the basic principle in dieting is actually very simple. Losing weight is about consuming less calories than you burn. It's the execution of this in an environment of excess calories, near-constant temptation, sedentary lifestyles, and constant demands on one's executive function that make it very difficult to execute.

I lost 40 lbs about two years ago and have kept it off with the following rules.
  1. Control portion sizes.
  2. Avoid junk food.
  3. Half of what you eat should be a real fruit or a vegetable.

Likes PWiz and jedishrfu
FWIW - there is no such thing as a fat-burning caloric food. See myth #2: https://well.wvu.edu/articles/10_dieting_myths

Likes jedishrfu
We cannot give medical advice here on the PF. Hopefully you find the replies above informative -- especially the part about how foods do not burn fat. :smile:

Thread is closed.

What is a weight loss burn fat diet?

A weight loss burn fat diet is a diet plan that is designed to help individuals lose weight and reduce body fat through a combination of healthy eating and physical activity.

What types of foods should I eat on a weight loss burn fat diet?

A weight loss burn fat diet should primarily consist of whole, unprocessed foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. These foods are typically low in calories and high in nutrients, making them ideal for weight loss.

What types of foods should I avoid on a weight loss burn fat diet?

Foods that are high in sugar, unhealthy fats, and processed ingredients should be avoided on a weight loss burn fat diet. These include items such as fast food, sugary drinks, and processed snacks.

How much exercise should I do on a weight loss burn fat diet?

The amount of exercise needed on a weight loss burn fat diet can vary depending on individual goals and fitness levels. However, the general recommendation is to aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise most days of the week.

Are there any potential risks or side effects of following a weight loss burn fat diet?

As with any diet or lifestyle change, there can be potential risks or side effects. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting a weight loss burn fat diet to ensure it is safe and appropriate for your individual needs. Additionally, it is important to listen to your body and make adjustments as needed to prevent any potential negative effects.